Where to get genuine LED headlights fitted

Paulstewart20

VIP Member
Hi how do I go about getting the led headlights fitted is there anywhere that retro fits them as i read somewhere you can't just buy and fit them

As far as i am aware there is no retrofit LEDS available for the T6 yet but im sure there will be some along soon because of the problems with the standard units. There is a company offering genuine fit LEDS, you could try them but there very pricey Transporter 7E 2016> - T6

Think @Pauly was going to look into it. I'm sure he's done the rear lights already. But I know he's a busy busy man so might not have looked at it yet

Ok cool I bought mine second hand from a dealer y months old so lost out on choosing my extras and led's would have been one of them cheers

In my researches on the H4 thread, I dug out the guidance document on aftermarket fitment of HID lights. It is not clear cut, but you could potentially be illegal if you don't have auto levelling as well, and IIRC the units have to be certified by the OEM. Entirely up to each individual of course, but I'm just pointing out what I found

Again, down to the individual, but the DfT document specifically states that putting HID bulbs into existing non HID lights in not legal. I am travelling at the moment and using my phone so can't look for the document but look at my posts or the H4 thread

Again, down to the individual, but the DfT document specifically states that putting HID bulbs into existing non HID lights in not legal. I am travelling at the moment and using my phone so can't look for the document but look at my posts or the H4 thread
I sincerely hope you not driving and doing that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok cool I bought mine second hand from a dealer y months old so lost out on choosing my extras and led's would have been one of them cheers

I'm also in a similar situation having done a deal with a standard H4 van that was offered with a huge discount, hopefully given time the LED conversion will come down in price (Currently £2250+VAT) or an alternative will be available?

In the short term I'm going to get some brighter H4 bulbs from Halfords.

I'll be following this thread with interest...

Try rubbing two sticks together... Might be brighter than the candles VW use :uh run:

Back