Where can I sell my standard Suspension

ferg124

Anyone got an idea of the best place to sell the suspension off my new T6.1 trying eBay but no interest.

There is not much of a market for standard suspension. Most people can't give the springs away.

Pete

Mine have been in the loft for 5 years with 500 miles on them. When I eventually sell the van I'll offer them for free to the buyer along with any other bits and bobs I've set aside.

Ah well in a corner in the garage then
If they fit T5 / T5.1 vans then you’ll eventually sell them to someone with a tired old van. That’s where my T6 suspension went, to Hungary, via eBay.

Postage cost him about £40.
Better than going to a scrap yard.

When my suspension was changed, it didn't even occur to me that anybody would want the old stuff nor to ask for it to be in the back of the van to take home so I guess I missed out on about £1 from a potential sale. I reckon CRS and The Van Cave have probably got bin loads of replaced suspension just waiting for the scrap man to collect.

It's a shame that perfectly serviceable items get scrapped, when they may well have a use in the future. You try finding good condition, used OEM parts for older vehicles. Bits for my Mk2 Golf are nigh on impossible and all because 20 years ago, someone 'upgraded' it and chucked all the original parts away.

We owe it to our kids to look after what we have so that when it's their turn, they won't have to go through the struggles that we have to. There may be one or two other things going on in the world right now, but I don't want my kids having their pants pulled down to extract the scene tax to acquire a fischer cassette holder for a 1995 Seat Cordoba.

It's a shame that perfectly serviceable items get scrapped, when they may well have a use in the future. You try finding good condition, used OEM parts for older vehicles. Bits for my Mk2 Golf are nigh on impossible and all because 20 years ago, someone 'upgraded' it and chucked all the original parts away.

We owe it to our kids to look after what we have so that when it's their turn, they won't have to go through the struggles that we have to. There may be one or two other things going on in the world right now, but I don't want my kids having their pants pulled down to extract the scene tax to acquire a fischer cassette holder for a 1995 Seat Cordoba.
I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments, but I think it will be different in the future.

Mk2 Golf must be at least 30 years old. I really can't see there being any of these vans around in that timescale. Unless someone works out a way to exchange the diesel engines for something else unfortunately.

Reactions: DXX
It was a bit tongue in cheek really, but when our 'upgraded' suspension had worn out and it's time to sell the van on, if only that original suspension kit I took off four years ago was still in the garage...

Quite happy with my stock T32 suspension on a fully loaded camper.
When it needs replacing I’ll be putting more OEM on.

Back