When to fit Awning Brackets / Rail

f6100153

T6 Pro
Hey,

I've finally decided on Pop Top, we're going for Austops with Deluxe bed fitter by Austops themselves.

I'd like to get a wind out awning on one side and awning rail on the other, I've asked if Austops can fit these but not sure if they will as they only do Poptops.

If Austops can't do it, should I find someone else to fit them before or after the poptop?

Austops will fit the awning rail for me but not the wind out awning, does anyone know a wind out that is compatible?

Is it a Reimo multi rail they will fit? If so both the Thule and fiamma will fit with the adopters.

It was an Vamoose rail, my plan is to a rail one side for a drive away awning, then a wind out on the other. Twin Sliding door so we have both sides to use

Is it easy enough to fit these rails yourself after the austop roof has been fitted?

I'm delighted to hear everyones praise of the austop as I am about to confirm a booking with them very soon. As they only do the pop-tops, and don't recommend stress loads exceeding 25kg (simply because it wasn't part of the TUV testing process at the time) they are unlikely to help me out with fitting my VW roof rails to the pop-top. If anybody has experience fitting rails to austops or a contact of someone who could retrofit them?

I spoke to them about fitting the rails that were on my van while I was down dropping it off. They won't fit them for you and don't recommend fitting them retrospectively, I'm sure they said it would void the warranty and loading things on the rails causes stress on the pop top when driving.

I spoke to them about fitting the rails that were on my van while I was down dropping it off. They won't fit them for you and don't recommend fitting them retrospectively, I'm sure they said it would void the warranty and loading things on the rails causes stress on the pop top when driving.
Yeah for sure. From speaking with them, it's also largely due to the fact that they simply didn't think to include that in their TUV test while they were in Germany. As I'll be getting the install done in Austops itself, they will not fit the rail for me. But I will be fitting the rails myself. Am just wondering if people have done it themselves or had others fit for them. I imagine using a plate washer underneath to distribute the stress might help. For me, I am confident that my surfboard and the angle its at etc will not create point stresses that exceed the 25kg rating if I install carefully

Back