Newbie questions

ehuplad

T6 Pro
Hey All,

I have signed on the line which is dotted!
Should be a member of 'Team Grey' at the start of June.

New Toy Particulars
  • T30 Kombi Highline
  • 204 PS DSG
  • Duel passenger seat
  • 2+1 rear seats
  • Cab & Passenger aircon
  • Double electric sliding doors (with the mandatory £90, keys x4!)
  • Folding mirrors with blind spot detection
  • Front & rear parking sensors with camera
  • Front assist / emergency braking
  • Heated front seats
  • High beam assist
  • LED headlights front and back
  • Side airbags
  • Sportline spoiler front and back
  • New Kenwood head unit
  • 30 mm lowering springs
  • Transcal leather seats
Few thats a lot of options when you write them down in one place. Must stop adding them.

I have a couple of questions.

1) I am thinking of adding Zitto Zs05 19" wheels but wonder how good the ride will be with the 30mm lowered springs, I drive a lot of miles for work on ways and country roads.
My budget will not reach to coil overs for some time.
Wheelbase Alloy Wheels & Tyres

2) I like the look of the comfort dash but wonder how well the extra bulge round the DSG shift will go with the duel passenger seat, how will this effect leg room when there is 3 in the front.

I have spent hours reading posts from afar and appreciate all the effort people have put in.
Cheers
Ehuplad

I did want a comfort dash in my Cali but left it too late to get on the order but now I don't mind and prefer it as there is more storage.

You can't have the comfort dash with the double passenger seat- so that might make the decision easier !

I'm not a big fan of the comfort dash, it does look good but after a few years could start looking a tad tatty, unless your paranoid about the cleaning.
Mines a work van and considering tools and stuff get chucked in the front it's working quite well, and wearing really well with not a mark on it.

The additional dust seals are worth a look, probably the best value for money option their is.
Plenty of posts about them as well.

Hey All,

I have signed on the line which is dotted!
Should be a member of 'Team Grey' at the start of June.

New Toy Particulars
  • T30 Kombi Highline
  • 204 PS DSG
  • Duel passenger seat
  • 2+1 rear seats
  • Cab & Passenger aircon
  • Double electric sliding doors (with the mandatory £90, keys x4!)
  • Folding mirrors with blind spot detection
  • Front & rear parking sensors with camera
  • Front assist / emergency braking
  • Heated front seats
  • High beam assist
  • LED headlights front and back
  • Side airbags
  • Sportline spoiler front and back
  • New Kenwood head unit
  • 30 mm lowering springs
  • Transcal leather seats
Few thats a lot of options when you write them down in one place. Must stop adding them.

I have a couple of questions.

1) I am thinking of adding Zitto Zs05 19" wheels but wonder how good the ride will be with the 30mm lowered springs, I drive a lot of miles for work on ways and country roads.
My budget will not reach to coil overs for some time.
Wheelbase Alloy Wheels & Tyres

2) I like the look of the comfort dash but wonder how well the extra bulge round the DSG shift will go with the duel passenger seat, how will this effect leg room when there is 3 in the front.

I have spent hours reading posts from afar and appreciate all the effort people have put in.
Cheers
Ehuplad

My experience of 19's is that the don't really affect ride comfort that much, but road noise is increased. I have also found these wider tyres to be more prone to puncture over the standard tyres and anecdotally I'm finding approx 10/15% reduction in mpg.

Big Spec you have there pal, it will be a nice van. I'd ask other peoples opinion on High Beam Assist as I find it pretty crap to be honest. It seems good when the van has been cleaned but as soon as it starts getting dirty (which during this winter is 10mins down the road)I think it affects the sensor and the wipers don't cover that area to clean it. I've had it switch off at the sight of a vehicle coming toward you (which is how it should)only to turn back on after it passes, blinding the next car straight behind it.
I've reached the point now where I'm feed up of people flashing me, so I turn it off as I also think it leaves it to late before sensing the on coming vehicle and dipping the lights.

I've got the Comfort Dash but have two single front seats and think it's a great addition for me as it's my personal vehicle which is never used for anything work related so it just feels more car like up front.

I'd also research the Kenwood unit and make sure it's what you want as I also have that (the new 516 model) but only had the standard unit before. You will lose some MFSW controls over the phone so have a good compare of this with the VW Discovery unit and see what's important for you.

Running 19s on mine and ride is great..... difficult to judge if that's the suspension or the alloys though???

Visually I do think they are a good balance.

+1 for additional dust seals..... get them added, you won't regret it for £30!!!

you cant have comfort dash with twin passenger seat

Agree with the comment on the Kenwood, defo worth looking into thoroughly regards functionality/ compatability

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice.
The dust seals sound a good idea, however can't find the on the price list or the configuator.
Anyone have the VW description or product code.

Full beam assist that is a pity such a good idea. Will prob leave in as it is one of the cheaper options.
Kenwood that's news to me here I was assuming it would play 100% nice, will investigate but suspect the CarPlay we be a big plus point.

Will keep thinking on the 19" alloys as I can't say I like the look of the 17 Devonports.
@CRD and @Walski what suspension are yíou running with your 19s?

Finally what are people's views on 4Motion, not added due to cost but I still may if I just say goodbye to my budget ceiling.

Cheers & Thanks

buy a good pioneer set ,always have been really good systems

Will keep thinking on the 19" alloys as I can't say I like the look of the 17 Devonports.

Finally what are people's views on 4Motion, not added due to cost but I still may if I just say goodbye to my budget ceiling.

Cheers & Thanks

I fitted 5forty coilovers bought from Vanstyle and lowered my van approx 50mm to try and give an even arch gap. The down side I've found is that even after 2 x Hunter 4 wheel tracking checks, I'm still not convinced wheel alignment is quite spot on yet. I think if you are doing high mileages, tyre wear will be accelerated so with hindsight, should've personally just went for 30mm drop. But it depends on what look you are after!

Thanks for all the welcomes and advice.
The dust seals sound a good idea, however can't find the on the price list or the configuator.
Anyone have the VW description or product code.

Full beam assist that is a pity such a good idea. Will prob leave in as it is one of the cheaper options.
Kenwood that's news to me here I was assuming it would play 100% nice, will investigate but suspect the CarPlay we be a big plus point.

Cheers & Thanks
When I tell family and friends we have 4motion they usually say why do you need it it doesn't snow that often and they miss the point. Having drive to 4 wheels not 2 when on a wet or slipppery road when I have my family in the car is why we have it, well worth the money and a few less mpg.

@Twoguns the Kenwood unit is the
DNX525DAB and according to Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles • DNX525DAB Features • Kenwood UK
Key features: works with multi function wheel.

Hopefully that means it is all good, well worth checking though, thanks.
They are selling you the old model (DNX525DAB) which I believe is not very good. The new model which I have is the DNX516DABS which only came out towards the end of last year and you will lose mainly the hands free phone features so if you spend a lot of time on the phone maybe have a rethink and have the VW Discovery. The Kenwood will still work with the music and volume controls on the steering wheel so for me thats the main ones I use as I dont tend to use the phone that much.
Just check the link below which I started a while back. Hope it helps.
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/new-kenwood-dnx516dabs-sat-nav-any-good.1217/

hi and welcome to the T6 Forum

awesome spec :thumbsup:

regards to the Kenwood unit. why not just upgrade to Discover Media + I have it in mine and it is fantastic. Sat Nav is by far the best i have ever used. better then my tom tom go with traffic.

hi and welcome to the T6 Forum

awesome spec :thumbsup:

regards to the Kenwood unit. why not just upgrade to Discover Media + I have it in mine and it is fantastic. Sat Nav is by far the best i have ever used. better then my tom tom go with traffic.
glad to hear your opinion on the discover media sat nav , is good . I was beginning to think I had done wrong by ordering it , as I've also heard a lot of negative stuff about it too.

Back