Wheel bolts - different type if alloy or steel?

Anyone knows if VW oe steel wheel centre caps will fit to 17mm head wheel bolts? I believe that oem bolts have 19mm heads and I need to use 20mm spacers but longer bolts are only avaible in 17mm heads. A lot of options for bolts in UK but almost nothing different is available in Estonia. Would be happy to order them from UK but from this year they changed tax system so I have a lot of problems these days to modify my van.

Anyone knows if VW oe steel wheel centre caps will fit to 17mm head wheel bolts? I believe that oem bolts have 19mm heads and I need to use 20mm spacers but longer bolts are only avaible in 17mm heads. A lot of options for bolts in UK but almost nothing different is available in Estonia. Would be happy to order them from UK but from this year they changed tax system so I have a lot of problems these days to modify my van.
I believe someone did this by putting a bit of plastic pipe inside the centre caps to reduce the diameter. Its on this forum somewhere but I cant find it at the moment.

Hi, Hopefully I am getting my new t6.1 in June. I bought these wheels for it to put some all terrain tyres on. Can I use the wheel bolts from the steel rims? And does anybody know from which year Van these wheels are? Thanks for any advise.

IMG_5196.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As above. Your standard bolts will work perfectly.
Hi Oli,

I have some steel wheels on the way but van was supplied with Alloys and a set of bolts for the spare. I am assuming I need to get a new set of bolts OEM style? Please could you advise?

If so do you supply them, preferable in black. If so I'd happy to order some for delivery.

Thanks,

Chris

Depends on what bolts you have presently. Can you take one out and take a picture of it from the side.
We have plenty of bolts in stock, but silver. Just use black caps.

Depends on what bolts you have presently. Can you take one out and take a picture of it from the side.
We have plenty of bolts in stock, but silver. Just use black caps.

Pic one is what I believe to be OEM's for use with the spare (currently fitted) and pic 2 are the ones used for the Alloys.

Thanks,

Chris

PXL_20210320_171450572.jpg

PXL_20210320_171416429.jpg

I removed the 16inch steels and fitted alloys with new bolts a few years ago (van is a 2016 140bhp van if it makes a difference). I’ve only just realised the bolts on the alloys won’t fit the original spare wheel (haven’t tried it but from reading on here). I’m going on a week long trip next week and my original bolts are in storage as I’m in between houses.
Can someone clarify the part number for the bolts I need for the spare please? The doc Loz posted says the part number is -WHT 001 964 A- but when I search that online it says not suitable for my van.

Any help appreciated. Will be Sod’s law I get a puncture next week now that I know this

I removed the 16inch steels and fitted alloys with new bolts a few years ago (van is a 2016 140bhp van if it makes a difference). I’ve only just realised the bolts on the alloys won’t fit the original spare wheel (haven’t tried it but from reading on here). I’m going on a week long trip next week and my original bolts are in storage as I’m in between houses.
Can someone clarify the part number for the bolts I need for the spare please? The doc Loz posted says the part number is -WHT 001 964 A- but when I search that online it says not suitable for my van.

Any help appreciated. Will be Sod’s law I get a puncture next week now that I know this
I would take a puncture repair kit. puncture repair kit

And also mabe one of these that help prevent punctires:

Question please...
Can anyone tell me if SuperMetal Cells use standard T6 wheel bolts or do i need to order specific ones?
thanks

Question please...
Can anyone tell me if SuperMetal Cells use standard T6 wheel bolts or do i need to order specific ones?
thanks
I’m using the factory wheel bolts and lockers on my Supermetal Tridents. HTH

Back