Show us your 20’s

I want to change the wheels on my 2016 T6 blue motion. Are all four wheels to be the same size i.e. Front and back. I am looking to put 20" wheels on, is there anything I should consider for forking out the money. Thanks

Having recently bought a T6 camper (2016 T28) it comes with 20” wheels. Having read a couple of threads on here the consensus seems to be that 20” wheels are not a good idea. Being a mechanical engineer I fully understand the theoretical side to this, but I’m looking for wisdom from the forum on returning to 17, or 18” wheels. Along with the expense of a 275x40x20 tyre!

Thanks in Advance

The circumfence between then is minimal imo.. as @Tourershine says many run with 20's i'd be more concerned with load ratings than size... as this COULD have larger impilcations than size..

I think 20's look great......

@Tourershine is currently helping me look into 20" options for myself as summer wheels (currently on 18's)

I think the misgivings people have about 20s may come from the perceived harsher ride caused by the lower profile and less give in the sidewall of the tyre..... but that only a small part. The suspension will have a larger role to play.

So if its stock suspension on 20s you may feel the ride fine, but if its 20s on dropped sports suspension then of course you will feel a much firmer ride quality.

I think 20's look great......

@Tourershine is currently helping me look into 20" options for myself as summer wheels (currently on 18's)

I think the misgivings people have about 20s may come from the perceived harsher ride caused by the lower profile and less give in the sidewall of the tyre..... but that only a small part. The suspension will have a larger role to play.

So if its stock suspension on 20s you may feel the ride fine, but if its 20s on dropped sports suspension then of course you will feel a much firmer ride quality.

@Tourershine will talk you into banded steels within minutes :rofl:

Having recently bought a T6 camper (2016 T28) it comes with 20” wheels. Having read a couple of threads on here the consensus seems to be that 20” wheels are not a good idea. Being a mechanical engineer I fully understand the theoretical side to this, but I’m looking for wisdom from the forum on returning to 17, or 18” wheels. Along with the expense of a 275x40x20 tyre!

Thanks in Advance
Hi
If you don’t like big wheels then get some smaller ones
I have a set of 17” ones for sale on here
:)

I currently have 20" alloys and H&R 40mm lowered suspension (with a slight rear end sag because of the camper conversion).
The road where we live is a rough bumpy track and also i find the ride harsh with it being lowered, because of this im thinking about going back to un -lowered standard suspension.
Does anyone have any pictures of their van running 20" alloys with non lowered suspension? Im intrigued as to what it looks like

The springs are what are causing the harshness with 20’s although, they are the best spring only combo to use. Maybe try a B14 setup?

The springs are what are causing the harshness with 20’s although, they are the best spring only combo to use. Maybe try a B14 setup?

I have certainly been debating the B14 set up for a while, it looks like that could be the solution for me. Its a shame you can't adjust the B14's to a 30mm drop rather than 40mm. Im not that bothered about it being that low, 30mm and a bit more comfort would suit me perfect

Yes i was looking at them and i think they would solve the rear end sag + give me a bit more comfort. The only downside is that i think they are 40mm min drop ? Ideally i would have liked 30mm

Hi Andy. My van’s running 20’s on standard suspension. I also have rear end sag and it seems to put the front a lot higher. THQ recommended Eibach adjustable tears and front lowering springs - 20-30mm or 40-50mm I think? These are apparently designed for camper conversions. You put the fronts on and adjust the rears to even out the sag. I’d be interested to get some feedback off anyone with these fitted as I’m looking at these.

C254A2A7-1F8E-4C2C-B410-27A2D5B4EF3D.jpeg 72C429BB-A33B-48D4-B1E1-FAFE836EAE3E.jpeg 562665E0-982B-44B6-A80E-FA1684FD66E8.jpeg
I currently have 20" alloys and H&R 40mm lowered suspension (with a slight rear end sag because of the camper conversion).
The road where we live is a rough bumpy track and also i find the ride harsh with it being lowered, because of this im thinking about going back to un -lowered standard suspension.
Does anyone have any pictures of their van running 20" alloys with non lowered suspension? Im intrigued as to what it looks like

Hi Andy. My van’s running 20’s on standard suspension. I also have rear end sag and it seems to put the front a lot higher. THQ recommended Eibach adjustable tears and front lowering springs - 20-30mm or 40-50mm I think? These are apparently designed for camper conversions. You put the fronts on and adjust the rears to even out the sag. I’d be interested to get some feedback off anyone with these fitted as I’m looking at these.

View attachment 48708 View attachment 48709 View attachment 48710

They sound good, feedback from anyone who has fit them would be much appreciated. I think for the time being i might just switch back to OEM springs to give me a less harsh ride. Does anyone have any T28 OEM springs they would like to get rid off please ? :whistle:

They sound good, feedback from anyone who has fit them would be much appreciated. I think for the time being i might just switch back to OEM springs to give me a less harsh ride. Does anyone have any T28 OEM springs they would like to get rid off please ? :whistle:
Or, you could try installing T30 springs on the back and T28 on the front as I think the mounting points are the same. That MAY sort out the sag? I was going to try this but would like my van a bit lower so didn’t bother in the end.

Or, you could try installing T30 springs on the back and T28 on the front as I think the mounting points are the same. That MAY sort out the sag? I was going to try this but would like my van a bit lower so didn’t bother in the end.
Its certainly an option

Its certainly an option

Hi Andy,

I've got some T28 OEM springs you can have, for free. See the for sale section on the forum.

At the risk of doing myself out of the garage space I want to gain by getting rid of them, I did fit the Ebach adjustable springs (Comfort version). Brett at Chillijam was very helpful. I have a full camper conversion. The stance no longer has a rear sag. I'm on 19's. Hope this helps.

Eibach.RHS.JPG

Eibach.LHS.JPG

Back