Wheel Size Help

Cirrus

I have a T6 Highline in Reflex Silver on 16" standard alloys. Want to get some black alloys to replace these and am on standard height suspension. Would 18's suit or would I be better going for 19's to fill the arches more? Are there any issues with going up to 20's? Any help appreciated as totally new to all this!

There is lots of stuff in the wheels area of the forum on this same question, might be worth checking all of that out.

But on reflection I am going to go for 18's as it's a daily driver work van so not worth making it overly complicated.

I think thats a wise choice @Cirrus, if its your work van. The 18 sportslines are made for the job :thumbsup:

Last edited:
There are several threads on the first page relating to 18's.
I have 18" black sportlines on mine, and would really like some bigger ones. Don't get me wrong they are fine, but for me it's all about the inches.
WP_20161125_16_18_17_Pro.jpg

IMG_20160914_133144.jpg

WP_20161104_14_43_36_Pro.jpg

Sorry, going to have to hold on to them for now as not only can I not find anything that really flicks my switch that is load rated as mine is a T32, but I also now have serious reservations over the best tyre size that equally has the correct load rating following advice from an alloy wheel dealer versus folk on here.
Going to drop it further on B14's rather than the eibach 30mm's that it is currently on, and then see what I reckon of that before doing the rims as well. Plus the wife has agreed to let me do that so long as i leave the wheels for now.

The size of wheels chosen won't affect the arch gap, only lowering will. The reason for this is that the wheels you choose should match the circumference of the standard wheels (or within an acceptable closeness to it) so that your speedo is accurate therefore your arch gap won't change much. The larger the alloy chosen the lower the profile on the sidewall to compensate. I put 20s on mine with 255/40 tyres and the gap is still massive. These tyres give a 4inch sidewall height which is still fine for comfort in my view. I am getting bilstein B14s fitted though to sort the arches.

Remember to choose alloys that are load rated for your van, same applies to tyres. Also be aware of wheel offsets, so many wheel threads have people say what wheel and tyre size they use and they barely mention offset which can be critical. Use www.willtheyfit.com to compare existing to proposed

Last edited:
Bigger wheels look great, but they don't really reduce the arch gap. Dropping the suspension reduces the arch gap.

An 18" wheel with 235/50 tyre has a total diameter of 692.2mm
A 20" wheel with 265/35 tyre has a total diameter of 693.5mm
So going with the 20" wheel will reduce your arch gap by 0.65mm.

Reading this topic and 2 main thoughts come to my mind :)
1. why isn't 19" so popular and mostly 18 or 20"?
2. for some good reasong not so many Mojave Beige cars around here - is it because they do not look nice after modifications?

IMG_3437.JPG

More than happy with mine. Going to have the 17" wheels powder coated "Graphite Matt", and the wing mirrors sprayed glossed blacked, and to my eyes, pretty dam good:):whistle::thumbsup:
Big wheels look good, but 17" with slightly oversized tyres are my choice for functionality.

Love Mojave Beige and it's top of my colour list for the next Van I get. So far had blue, black, white and now grey which is probably my least favourite of them all. Only changed my mind when ordering from the dealership, walked in wanting another white one.

@chriscroft looking sweet my-main-man with this super clean look!
Now I wish I went for LEDs, but jut couldn't see 1700€ is fair for them.

Sorry, going to have to hold on to them for now as not only can I not find anything that really flicks my switch that is load rated as mine is a T32, but I also now have serious reservations over the best tyre size that equally has the correct load rating following advice from an alloy wheel dealer versus folk on here.
Going to drop it further on B14's rather than the eibach 30mm's that it is currently on, and then see what I reckon of that before doing the rims as well. Plus the wife has agreed to let me do that so long as i leave the wheels for now.
You've got my current set up and I'm also interested in the B14 so would be interested in your views between the two set ups once you have the B14 fitted.
Have you shopped around yet? If so what's the damage and have you got a date?

@chriscroft looking sweet my-main-man with this super clean look!
Now I wish I went for LEDs, but jut couldn't see 1700€ is fair for them.
The price of LED's on the T6 is mad; and they have already been eclipsed by lasers and complicated Matrix LED compound/adaptive lights. Apparently BMW where charging £8k for their Laser Diode powered headlights. :eek:

Last edited:
Back