I was going to use the red tape attached (they are in the garage otherwise I’d check whether it’s 3M) - will put some snaps up when I’m done

I was going to use the red tape attached (they are in the garage otherwise I’d check whether it’s 3M) - will put some snaps up when I’m done
I'd give the bodywork a quick wipe over with panel wipe or something similar to thoroughly de-wax it prior to attaching the trim, it'll give the tape the best chance of sticking properly.

I'd give the bodywork a quick wipe over with panel wipe or something similar to thoroughly de-wax it prior to attaching the trim, it'll give the tape the best chance of sticking properly.
Even window cleaner will help

The main thing is not to have any silicone on the surface.

Reactions: JOG
Wish I could get these here in Spain - they look great. If I buy from UK the import tax kills the idea. :(

I never touch the window cleaner.
Too much risk of, "while you've got that out........."
And any white goods in the kitchen or utility. As I explained to SWMBO, it is witchcraft best operated by witches! (The bruising calmed down after a few weeks!)

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
RGM mouldings at Leighton Buzzard who manufacture onsite and supply vw dealers will sell individual parts, give them a call. They are very helpful.

I bought a set of plastic arch and door trims at Xmas time from Transporter HQ.

Been abit too cold to install them recently but today I thought I'd line them up and see what they looked like.

Has anyone any close up pics of theirs installed? I am abit ocd and worried I will be able to see a small gap on the leading edge + as others have mentioned it could be a moisture trap.

I do have the tub of Betalink K1 and the 3m tape to secure them. Just not convinced il be happy once iv them on.

Thanks in advance

I've been looking at fitting a set of Arches and probably mouldings as well. Is there any particular supplier that people would recommend? Also and I think I'm answering my own question, my van has a sportline bumper. Is there any specific kit that accommodates this or am I looking at cutting the arch kit or removing the sportline bumper all together? I also have front and rear mudflaps. I think these can stay? But the back section that goes on the bumper I'd need to leave off or remove the mudflaps? Thanks to anyone reads/replies to this. Would also appreciate any pics people have of theirs. My van is a blackberry and I have looked at Loz van (Ex van?) many times

cheers

Back