Wheel Alignment + Recalibration?

Steve Hales

T6 Guru
Not sure if this has been covered but just made a call to get a quote for wheel alignment on my T6.1. The garage uses Hunter wheel alignment but the guy said that the alignment would be £49 :) but it would also need the radar re-calibrated for £120:( and the job would take around 2.5 hours. Does this sound about right?

Never heard of re calibrating the radar. Didn't do it on mine and have had no problems. How exactly is he going to calibrate it?

Never heard of re calibrating the radar. Didn't do it on mine and have had no problems. How exactly is he going to calibrate it?
Not a clue! That’s why I’ve asked the question on here. Think I’ll call them back for more info.

Isn’t the radar recalibration “needed” sometimes when the van is really lowered or the rake is changed?

Just called another Hunter approved alignment centre and they were a little confused why I’d need the recalibration. The owner has a Transporter also so I’ve booked in with them ;)

I think the hunter system puts up promts on the screen stating radar calibration required during alignment... as stated many of us have been lowered and had full alignment without radar recalibration... i don't know anybody who has had any issues...

Back