G12RYX

T6 Guru
Hi everyone.

Van was serviced last week and on the report they listed my tyres as being at 3-4mm. They are only 3k miles old so I was quite concerned.

Took it to Kwik Fit and they confirmed that all four wheels are out in some way since lowering it.

Now to my problem.... I can’t seem to find anyone in the Newcastle/North East area who can confirm they can actually set it correct while still being lowered.

Tried Revolution Motorstore, AK Automotive, Hunters Motorcare in Newcastle plus a few more and although AK said they could do it I have been calling all day after booking it in Monday to be dropped off tonight but didn’t get an answer so didn’t go.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

Tyre Spot in Durham can do it. Apparently they are the only folks in the north east with one of the fancy new laser machines. They had it installed last year at a cost of £80k or something like that. Cost me £65 to get all 4 wheels done.

The problem is that excessive lowering ( more than 50 Mm ) can cause the wheel alignment to go out , Toe and camber can go out of spec . Unfortunately only the toe on the front is adjustable so any other measurements that arent with in spec , stay out of spec . Powerflex do adjustable bushes to correct some of these issues and adjustaments up to 1 degree can be made on the front and rear . .

You can't adjust camber on the rear, but you can adjust toe. It has less adjustability than the front though. My rears are toed in to 0'9 each side (0'18 total) which is within spec for standard ride height, but that is as close as they could get it. I believe the ideal setting is around 0'8 each side (0'16 total).

When working on any aspect of the suspension it is advisable to check tracking . the slightest movement putting the car together will result in the steering wheel being off true .

Can anyone recommend a garage in the North East / Northumberland that can perform wheel alignment. I appreciate that during the next few weeks some of these garages may not be open but I have just ordered a new set of LV-1 wheels and tyres as the ones fitted been condemned due to feathering and cracks on the inside edge. MOT, A bit disappointing that its only 1300 miles since it was serviced and I asked them to check the rear wheel bearings for a rumble, I was told everything was okay ….

The garage said they couldn’t get tyres at the moment so I took the plunge and ordered a set ready to fit . I was looking for an excuse to update my wheels.

Hi everyone
after a bit advice my swb shuttle is lowered and on 20” which I love and drive ride is great, but I’m not convince everything at rear is correct when I look at van I always feel like the wheels at rear aren’t sitting straight. I’m not technically clued up on this so not sure if it is camber out? or something else also wheels look like the are turning in slightly only rears I’m talking about here.
so I’m based in Sunderland and wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where I can go and get checked out and altered if need be, read alot on here regarding about asking the 4 wheel alignment garage to set as unloaded I believe, so to save any explaining and hassle just want to go somewhere local if possible where they can check it and sort it if need be

thanks
Paul

Back