Wheel alignment in Scotland

Delboy1340

Hi all, have recently fitted a set of stance coilovers to my t6 and was looking to get my 4 wheel alignment done, been to a few places and been told they can't do it,anyone had similar problems and found somewhere that would do it? Glasgow areaScreenshot_20200429_172414_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

bit of background info:

Hi all, have recently fitted a set of stance coilovers to my t6 and was looking to get my 4 wheel alignment done, been to a few places and been told they can't do it,anyone had similar problems and found somewhere that would do it? Glasgow areaView attachment 68175
Why won't they do it........have they tried and said it's to far out of limits or they just don't want to bother?

If you've got Adaptive Cruse Control fitted they need to recalibrate the front sensor,
Most 4 wheel lazer companies will not touch them, they do not have the equipment or insurance to adjust the ACC sensor
I've only found a dealer that would do it, was quoted £198 + vat

Hi all, have recently fitted a set of stance coilovers to my t6 and was looking to get my 4 wheel alignment done, been to a few places and been told they can't do it,anyone had similar problems and found somewhere that would do it? Glasgow areaView attachment 68175
Get yourself to a garage with a hunter alignment system, but insist they use the “no load” settings. That will ensure that the system allows for the fact that your van is lowered.

Get yourself to a garage with a hunter alignment system, but insist they use the “no load” settings. That will ensure that the system allows for the fact that your van is lowered.
I went to a hunters alignment and they wouldn't do it because i had adaptive cruise control fitted

This what our local tyre place has
It’s from Italy, drive on and it reads your reg number and finds your settings
Lazors then read the chassis and tells the mechanic what to adjust
Recalibrated it self every time a new car drives on
Pretty impressive

Andy

Pretty impressive

Andy
Only problem is it will give the setting for a van at standard height. If you have lowered it the settings will not be correct.

Went to kwik fit told me that it only would give you settings for a standard set up. So does the hunter system work out the settings even if van is lowerd?

Went to kwik fit told me that it only would give you settings for a standard set up. So does the hunter system work out the settings even if van is lowerd?
No, you have to tell them to over ride the settings and do a no load setup. This is one of the reasons Kwik Fit wont do lowered vans.

Possibly the height is not the problem
You only want the wheels to go straight in a line
Even hunter doesn’t alter the canver of the wheel

Pretty impressive

Andy
Wow. That is impressive. I work in a garage and we have old supertracker gauges. But they are next level. Need to speak to my boss tell him to get his finger oot!
Pretty impressive

Andy

Possibly the height is not the problem
You only want the wheels to go straight in a line
Even hunter doesn’t alter the canver of the wheel
No, but lowering the van alters lots of the suspension settings. Look at the wheels of a low van, or one that is aired out and you can see the angles are very different.

Don’t know if true but it was £100,000
Apparently the car / van can also go on the ramp of square and the lazors allow for it, unlike most were car has to be square

No, you have to tell them to over ride the settings and do a no load setup. This is one of the reasons Kwik Fit wont do lowered vans.
Ah I see, to be honest the guy in kwik fit was a bit of a fanny, don't think he could be bothered, maybe try another depot. Thanks for your help

No, but lowering the van alters lots of the suspension settings. Look at the wheels of a low van, or one that is aired out and you can see the angles are very different.

Yeah possibly
Maybe some one with the knowledge can inform us

I went to a hunters alignment and they wouldn't do it because i had adaptive cruise control fitted

That used to be the way that some alignment places thought, but it actually didn't work out like that and the ACC is not affected at all by lowering the van.

I've got ACC and had the van aligned 3 or 4 times in 2 years without issue.

Back