Wheel Alignment - Cheshire, help/recommendation needed

I can only imagine that the garage you’ve used have set it up on the wrong load settings. With it being a panel/work van, they will have set it up on a ‘full load’ setting assuming that you will be carrying a lot of weight! Now your van is over compensating for a load that is not there and the camber and toe will be pushing it to the kerb from the rear.... and you will be physically steering/pulling it from the kerb on the front, hence the tyre wear/scrubbing on the outer edge of both your near side tyres. I hope that all makes sense?

I’ve had my van aligned at a place called Tyre Medics in Hinckley, Leicestershire.... they’ve done a good number of vans from this forum and know what settings to use.... if all else fails or you’re travelling this way, it might be worth a visit to them. Good luck in getting it sorted Dan :thumbsup:

Nice one, I might end up taking it over there, just needs sorting, sure I can find some excuse for the road trip

On work vans that are carrying a constant load I’d suggest updating the suspension bushes, surprising the amount of movement there is even in a new bush under load

Hi Dan just to clarify the company are called tyrz and are based in Bollington near Macclesfield. Let me know how you get on if you try first.

Hi Dan just to clarify the company are called tyrz and are based in Bollington near Macclesfield. Let me know how you get on if you try first.

nice one Andy, there google reviews are very good in general, I don’t suppose that means they’re necessarily alignment experts but shows they take pride in providing a good service.

Why does everyone bang on about Hunter it’s not the only equipment out there ? Just saying kwik fit use hunter and I would not let them put air in my tyres
I suppose non-mechanics like myself can only go on recommendations from others and personal experience.... my only recent personal experience is with the Hunter alignment. :thumbsup:

Yeah before and after if you can see the headings. That’s the impression I got, like it was an inconvenience for them to be doing it, as they were so busy doing mots and needed the ramp. I saw the left wheel brought back from half a degree out though so was happy. Until I drove it and felt the same, and now months later getting through another tyre.

If that was a before and after that is such lazy adjusting

Yeah before and after if you can see the headings. That’s the impression I got, like it was an inconvenience for them to be doing it, as they were so busy doing mots and needed the ramp. I saw the left wheel brought back from half a degree out though so was happy. Until I drove it and felt the same, and now months later getting through another tyre.
That’s one of the laziest jobs, sloppy workmanship just wound it in the green and chucked it out

Back