DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
140 SWB Kombi Manual

Average mpg 36.6, covered 3000 miles. Managed a 40mpg last weekend, Holyhead to Manchester and back, 70mph on dual carriageway and motorways. I travel 35 miles each way to work everyday on a quiet dual carriageway not booting it. From other posts an average of 36.6 seems a bit sh*t.

I am extremely lazy and can only be bothered visiting a fuel station once per week. I am hoping I can get 600 miles out of my 70 litre tank in the Kombi 150. Might need a few thousand miles on the clock before engine loosens sufficiently though.

Average 36mpg on mfd after 4,000 miles.
Local low 30's up to 40 on a run c70mph
This off a 204ps DSG 4motion, bit better than 25mpg on my old T25......
Funny enough mpg is better at a steady 7o than 60-65, each engine/gearbox combo has its own sweet spot.
Turning on freewheeling and not using cruise adds 2-3 mpg, cruise keeps drive permanently engaged.

On a run circa 15 miles on 30-50 mph road mix I'm getting 42-43 according to dash display.

I've Averaged exactly 34mpg over first 8.5k miles since Jan 13th with a DSG LWB 180bhp and on 20" rims too!

36.9mpg. after 1500 miles. Mixture of short 15 minute journeys and weekend family days out.

140 manual SWB 18" sportlines.

Mine seems to be improving 4500 miles on my 140 lwb Highline transporter and seem to new getting about 40mpg according to mfd.
Mine's laid up now for a few months as I bought a sprinter for a big job and am using that for now. Can barely crack 30mpg in that!

I'm just under 7k, and I'm averaging 38.9mpg in a 140 SWB DSG Kombi. Thats brimming it and getting the calculator out, that said the MFD is not far out. I've seen a thread on another forum about getting 600 miles out a tank. I do that with ease with almost every tank, and have crept over 700 a couple of times. It makes me laugh, we all obviously have very different driving styles and routes.

Checked mine today last 1500 miles 31.0mpg but all town driving/school run stuff

Just over 5000 miles on the clock now (only 6 weeks old too), and getting a very respectable 43MPG from my T6 T32 LWB 140 Kombi. On some long runs I've seen better than 50MPG, but once in town it drops massively!

Only done 200 miles in mine but it shows 39 mpg after a 30 mile run to work . Kombi 140 manual with seats in and tools in the back . I will be taking the seats out and filling it with tools next week so I will see how it goes but looking much better than my transit custom. After the drive home from the dealers ( 70 miles on B roads ) it was showing 46 mpg on a new engine .

I did my first proper run out in the van yesterday as normally it's all just local trips.

Well I say proper run it was only a 250 mile or so sprint from Derby to Leighton Buzzard and back but and returned and mpg of 36.6 which I can live with given I sat at between 80 and 90 (on private roads obviously). 140 LWB Kombi

First, my T6 doesn't have a MFD that estimates MPG. I do that with each full tank. Second, I haven't had the chance to travel on a long trip to be able to calculate the max MPG. But after 6200 miles out of the dealership I managed to get 28.72 mpg at mixed street-road driving this past full tank. Much better than petrol powered Toyota Hiaces!

Oh! I was forgetting to add that I also own a brand new diesel 2016 VW Sportwagen exiled from the USA because the dieselgate. It does have the MFD that at times has registered up to 59MPG! The real mpg dividing distance traveled by volume of diesel is more modest; say 43mpg. The MPG is rather optimistic with this measurement.

Last edited:
TSI 150 petrol manual swb, less than 500 miles, 290 mile motorway run without cruise achieved 33.5mpg

Back