What's The Average Cost To Carpet A T6, Inc. Roof Boards

Cham13

What's the average cost to carpet a T6, inc. roof boards, also what is the best insulation to use and what are folks thoughts on carpeting the slider and rear barn doors?

Do it yourself, it’s not hard and a damn sight cheaper. Have made all new ply panels using the originals as templates. Hidden fixings all round. Includes the sliding doors. Less than a hundred including glue, carpet, fixings and ply. Carpet came from Camper Mart, but it is the 4way stretch stuff.
A far better finish than the tools managed who I originally paid to do it for me.
69CD4A7E-118C-46E2-BD1F-BFF0AFEF9EB0.jpeg

The costs from my diy build here: T6 SWB camper build

Were:

Set of ply side panels: £90
Lining material + glue for side: £120
Ply roof panels: £75
Roof lining and glue: £45
Fixings: £40

You can see in the pictures how we did the barn doors, and the side door just had a Kiravans door store. Lining all the metal parts on these doors is more complicated, as there is no natural end point for the lining to fit to.

You haven't mentioned the floor (lino, insulation, ply etc).

We used sound deadening and thermal insulation on the sides/roof.

Pete

Great work chaps, it's really not a job I fancy. I did attempt one of the barn doors and it wasn't great and after 1.5hrs spent cleaning off the glue, I think it's a job for a pro. Shame neither of you don't live me and fancied earning a few quid?

Currently going through the lining process myself,

Panels I got via AJC Conversions, cut and holes drilled.
Carpet from MVM
Insulation from B&Q

I have carpeted all panels bar one (awaiting electric panel). I found it easy, just take your time spraying and working the carpet. Flat boards are easier to start with than metal work

Why do you need to replace the original panels? It sees a lot of people do this. Thought you could just carpet line the existing OEM panels

The costs from my diy build here: T6 SWB camper build

Were:

Set of ply side panels: £90
Lining material + glue for side: £120
Ply roof panels: £75
Roof lining and glue: £45
Fixings: £40

You can see in the pictures how we did the barn doors, and the side door just had a Kiravans door store. Lining all the metal parts on these doors is more complicated, as there is no natural end point for the lining to fit to.

You haven't mentioned the floor (lino, insulation, ply etc).

We used sound deadening and thermal insulation on the sides/roof.

Pete

@Pete C Where did you get your ply lining from Pete. I believe you bought it pre-cut?

Back