What TV are you watching??

Forgot to mention that we're also revisiting The Mighty Boost in commemoration of it being removed from some streaming channels. Brilliantly weird and very funny. I might turn to League of Gentlemen next but don't think I'll be rewatching Love Thy Neighbour, Mind Your Language or On The Buses any time soon!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
We've started to re-watch 'The Last Ship' (The Last Ship (TV Series 2014–2018) - IMDb) and got through the last two episodes of Season 1 last night. I'm not even sure whether it's ever been available in the UK but it's very good although sometimes gets a bit too 'God Bless America'. Apart from that, it's a cracking yarn with some top notch action / combat sequences. The only negative thing about it is that just now might not be the best time to watch a series about a virus sweeping across the world and killing everybody who comes into contact with it....... Will be kicking off Season 2 over this weekend.
Think it's on netflix now or similar. I watched a couple of seasons when they first aired :whistle: but didn't carry on. Thought it was good

No offence to you or the programme but although I've been bored once or twice during lockdown, I'm glad to say that I still haven't had to resort watching daytime TV.
Oops it’s my only guilty pleasure....normal out in the big outside...never did get into sky, Netflix and alike...but have you seen what they charge !! ..simple broadband simple T6...simple pleasure

just rewatched Chernobyl because the misses hadn't seen it yet... bloody epic.

Yes I was impressed especially with the explanations at the end etc

I was born in 1993, so I never really knew how bad or what it involved and how much sh*t was covered up! So yeah really good. And the last 10mins of the last episode was ace, all the facts laid down

Currently plodding our way thru 'last man on earth'...with the covid thing going on, it seemed topical especially as it was released 5 years ago and set in 2020!!

After a virus wipes out most of humanity, average man Phil Miller (Will Forte) scours North America for other survivors but finds no one. During his travels, he paints "Alive in Tucson" on billboards and highway signs, hoping others might see the message. Returning to his hometown of Tucson, Arizona in the summer of 2020, he moves into Bonita Estates, a luxurious, gated cul-de-sac; hoards priceless artifacts and adult magazines; uses a pool as a toilet; and breaks or destroys whatever amuses him. About five months later, he feels lonely and depressed with no one else to celebrate his birthday, so he adopts assorted sports balls as "buddies" and draws faces on them, then flirts with a mannequin. Finally, just before he attempts suicide by driving a truck into a rock, he suddenly sees a pillar of smoke and finds a campsite with a bra on a clothesline. As Phil gleefully sniffs the bra, he passes out and is then revived by an eccentric woman named Carol Pilbasian (Kristen Schaal), whom he talks out of shooting him.

We saw The Last Man On Earth when it first aired and IIRC we watched the first few and then thought that it just ran out of steam and binned it after that.

We saw The Last Man On Earth when it first aired and IIRC we watched the first few and then thought that it just ran out of steam and binned it after that.

I find things like this are best binge watched, at least an episode a day...we just started the last season (4)..its an easy light heated watch with some twists

Finished Killing eve and the Blacklist Season 7, now watching the Salisbury poisonings..

just rewatched Chernobyl because the misses hadn't seen it yet... bloody epic.

one of the best thing that's been on the telly box in recent years i think.
i'm a bit older than you then and remember it quite well, one of my mates up the road wasn't allowed out after school 'because of the toxic clouds' :p

your absolutely right though, never knew how much was covered up or how instrumental it was in the fall of the iron curtain.

Stretching the limit of the thread title, but if you telnet to towel.blinkenlights.nl they have the whole of Star Wars in ASCII animation. It's mega! Must have been so much work....

Watched the Unibomber series on Netflix. Very good.
The BBC Salisbury poisoning was excellent too.

Back