What you up to over Xmas?

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just being nosey as to what everyone's plans are over festive period?

Fitting front parking sensors and considering upgrading to power fold mirrors on locking ! choices, choices is it really worth it ?

But what are you doing @Buggirl ??

I have my first Christmas Eve and Christmas day off in over 10 years. Followed by NYE and day off!! I haven't had both off in 12 years!
So I'm going to do whatever the hell normal people do over the festive period! ..I'll kick off by eating and drinking too much! followed by a movie and utter enjoyment of not having to leave for work at any stage.

Have 3 weeks off work. 1 week is holiday and the other 2 are jury service..

I dont suppose there will be much rest with 4 over excited kids, but in will be fun. Probably 1 long nerf war...

Roll on 5pm christmas eve...

We are house and dog sitting for 5 weeks, the house is big so we are having all the family and friends to us over the period. I think Mrs Loz said starting with Christmas Eve 7 people then 8 Christmas Day then 15 Boxing Day then 8 for 4 days across New Years, in between we have to go over to see my Aunt and her family.
In between all that Loz Jr wants to do 3 days SUPing so will be taxi for that.
Then back to work for a rest...

I'll be plastering the kitchen, then fitting all the new cupboards and worktops, and just to round it all off will be on my 72hour shift starting at 0830 on the 30th and finishing at 0830 on the 2nd. Oh the joy.

Taking mom to my uncles in Pwllheli on the 23rd. Finish shopping 24th. A few days with family and then a bit of painting nntue wifes sewing room. 30th off to Carmarthen to stop at lark hill teepies. 2nd Jan from Carmarthen to Pwllheli collect mom and home. 2 days to go and 1 day working from home... so looking forward to the break and driving the van.

I will be at home relaxing as much as possible as it's the only time of year that the railway is closed for two days so nothing at all should be happening!

I will be at home relaxing as much as possible as it's the only time of year that the railway is closed for two days so nothing at all should be happening!
So you're not on Southern Rail then - cos that's been effectively closed for more than two days.
So no missions' over Christmas then. MI5 must clearly look after you well.

We spent last Christmas in Paris with friends of ours so definitely doing the family thing this year; we felt slightly guilty...

Christmas at my folks; 500 year old house with big open fires and an Aga so it's really cosy. My two sisters and kids will be there; if it's a squeeze we'll stay in the van!

Plus surfing whenever possible, checking my pager for Coastguard shouts and generally partying.

Merry Christmas all!

So you're not on Southern Rail then - cos that's been effectively closed for more than two days.
So no missions' over Christmas then. MI5 must clearly look after you well.
Don't know what you mean? Lol. MI5! (Don't keep telling everyone you will blow my cover lol!).

Going off Christmas Eve to get the chicken from M&S, been a tradition for me and my lads to go off early pick it up then go for a full English. Trouble is I still have to pay. Lucky no relatives to come round so peaceful time :)

Going off Christmas Eve to get the chicken from M&S, been a tradition for me and my lads to go off early pick it up then go for a full English. Trouble is I still have to pay. Lucky no relatives to come round so peaceful time :)
We're at the stage now where we seem to now pay for meals and so on for the parents!

Left home on the 29th of November for 5 weeks on a oil [drilling] rig, offshore Pointe Noire Congo West Africa…. Only four of us here [ an English man , a Australian , a Latvian and a Congolese , I’m sure their a joke in their somewhere]. Its like an episode of Red Dwarf ….. a long one… Back home after all the toys and decorations put away. No forgot that will be my job as well..:(;) then :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Back