What would you change?

If you were to do another conversion what would you change from your current setup that you have maybe found un-necessary or something you wished you'd done ?

And I assume with them sort of numbers very enjoyable to drive? What sort of mpg do you get? And how do you think they would fare compared with the high mileage tdi, as long lasting ?

Not had the gas grill and had more cupboard space.
Money no object - the rear rock and roll bed on a track to move it forward and backwards.

And I assume with them sort of numbers very enjoyable to drive? What sort of mpg do you get? And how do you think they would fare compared with the high mileage tdi, as long lasting ?
Yes, very much so!
MPG wise they're always in the 20's but we also have a 150bhp TDI and that rarely sees 30+ MPG.
Longevity wise, I'm of the opinion that any engine these days is unlikely to become 'worn out' before something else happens to the vehicle which will make it uneconomical to keep running.

I think I would have looked closely at a “U” shaped rear arrangement. I already have a full width bed, having a California sliding seat with low level side units (and we appreciate that extra width). However, I initially wanted to keep the possibility of using the load area, and while I can move the bench seat forwards and backwards, it’s not really possible to remove it, so no real benefit over the U arrangement I preferred.

Oh, and mine is also a TSI, but my (Pendle) map is not really smooth enough through the revs with noticeable hesitation at certain rpm. I also have an LPG conversion with an 85 litre tank in the spare wheel bay for cheaper fuel costs.

I think I would have looked closely at a “U” shaped rear arrangement. I already have a full width bed, having a California sliding seat with low level side units (and we appreciate that extra width). However, I initially wanted to keep the possibility of using the load area, and while I can move the bench seat forwards and backwards, it’s not really possible to remove it, so no real benefit over the U arrangement I preferred.

Oh, and mine is also a TSI, but my (Pendle) map is not really smooth enough through the revs with noticeable hesitation at certain rpm. I also have an LPG conversion with an 85 litre tank in the spare wheel bay for cheaper fuel costs.
Take your tsi to revo. It will be super smooth and still rapid. I've had both maps.

I'm with Andyslats on this, I'd forego the high cupboard near the back to have a lower one allowing the bed to be extended to full width for two thirds or so of the length of it. Whilst doing that I'd ditch the wheel arch water tank - as it is not in constant use it is a faff disinfecting it nearly every time we go away and there is space behind the driver's seat for a loose water carrier.

Back