What wheels are people running with a SoLow setup?

I have ordered a solow kit for my t32, do I need anything else fitted while this is getting done? What's the best size wheels and tyres to match?

you won't regret your choice (just my opinion)
re. anything else, adjustable bushes really are needed on the rear to get the camber etc. in check to reduce inner tyre wear

you won't regret your choice (just my opinion)
re. anything else, adjustable bushes really are needed on the rear to get the camber etc. in check to reduce inner tyre wear
Can you point to a link? Want to get it all done same day

I fitted the solows set at highest and took it for hunter 4 wheels geometry /alignment
the printout showed that there wasn't enough adjustment in the rear arm camber bolts to keep all reading s in the green.
the powerflex adjustable arm bushes give more scope to set the rear to its optimum for the height.
obviously things down this far are well beyond oem spec so adverse wear & tear are to be expected.
search solows within the forum & you will find a host of info
i got my bushes from transporter hq & handy enough to have your garage fit at the same time as the shocks & springs

Wheels wise on a T32, to keep it legal and weight rated nothing over 18”. Great suspension - so smooth. You will love it.

I fitted the solows set at highest and took it for hunter 4 wheels geometry /alignment
the printout showed that there wasn't enough adjustment in the rear arm camber bolts to keep all reading s in the green.
the powerflex adjustable arm bushes give more scope to set the rear to its optimum for the height.
obviously things down this far are well beyond oem spec so adverse wear & tear are to be expected.
search solows within the forum & you will find a host of info
i got my bushes from transporter hq & handy enough to have your garage fit at the same time as the shocks & springs
What did it look and ride like on highest setting?

I have ordered a solow kit for my t32, do I need anything else fitted while this is getting done? What's the best size wheels and tyres to match?
If you're having the Solows fitted by a place that doesn't often fit them and you're planning on running at anything other than full height you might need to have the rear bump stops cut down. Some heavier vans, even at full height, can sit low enough on the rear to mean that the bumps stops will bang/knock under full compression. When fitting Solows, we always trim the bump stops to the same height as the rear adjuster. It's a good idea to move the ABS sensor cables from on top of the rear suspension arms to the side. Needs a few 6mm holes drilling and treating before simply relocating the clips for the cables. This just removes any risk of them pinching between the rear suspension arms and chassis.

My mechanic has some experience in the vw scene but I will cut and paste these replies to him thankyou everyone for the input, might even get original wheels powder coated as I think they will look OK with van lowerd, finding it hard to find nice load rated wheels.

decided to buy the ajustable rear bushes, new top mounts and bottom spring rubbers, however still having a nightmare trying to figure out the best wheel setup with tyre sizes ect, does anyone know if my standard 17" shuttle wheels and tyres will do for now? been looking at some 18s but what width? what et? and whats best tyre size for my setup?

Consider uprated anti-roll bars while you're at it. They're definitely worth it on heavier vans but an great upgrade nonetheless.
I too was undecided on wheels as I like both the swamper low look as well as just lowered on 19's/20's. In the end I decided that a bit more sidewall on 17's would be beneficial both for comfort and so I don't need to constantly scan for potholes. These were Fuel Zephrys (exactly the same set as T6180 above) but If you do keep your standard wheels the offset may leave them a little too hidden without spacers.
My van has 120 000 miles and I was advised to expect the top mounts and drop links to be shot and they were. I didn't however opt for the adjustable bushes and I'll have to see how the tyres start to wear as the camber is quite noticeable even at maximum height.

Have you looked at this thread…. quite a few boys on here running SoLows with 18” wheels. 255/45/18 or 235/50/18 will work….

Consider uprated anti-roll bars while you're at it. They're definitely worth it on heavier vans but an great upgrade nonetheless.
I too was undecided on wheels as I like both the swamper low look as well as just lowered on 19's/20's. In the end I decided that a bit more sidewall on 17's would be beneficial both for comfort and so I don't need to constantly scan for potholes. These were Fuel Zephrys (exactly the same set as T6180 above) but If you do keep your standard wheels the offset may leave them a little too hidden without spacers.
My van has 120 000 miles and I was advised to expect the top mounts and drop links to be shot and they were. I didn't however opt for the adjustable bushes and I'll have to see how the tyres start to wear as the camber is quite noticeable even at maximum height.
yes will look at ARB's at some point, the swampers look good but im after a different look, cheers

Have you looked at this thread…. quite a few boys on here running SoLows with 18” wheels. 255/45/18 or 235/50/18 will work….

what a thread, some fantastic steels on there, notice THQ sell some steelies but no 18's, i need someone to tell me excatly whats gonna fit with the solow's installed

what a thread, some fantastic steels on there, notice THQ sell some steelies but no 18's, i need someone to tell me excatly whats gonna fit with the solow's installed
What wheels do you want?

What wheels do you want?
Quite like the 18 steels, amarok, every alloy I like seems unsuitable for a t32, I'm not sure what wheel width or tyre size would suit a t32 with solows, the et or ETA part is ripping my knitting

The original (standard) 18” Amarok steel is 7.5” wide, load rated for your T32 and with a 235/50/18 tyre you would have no problems at all. If you want banded Amaroks, then the safe bet would be 8.5” fronts and 9.0” rears with the same size tyre. Other guys are running 9” fronts and 9.5” rears with SoLows @Wilmur for example?

Some photos of the 9-9.5s on solows and 235 50. No rubbing and plenty of scope for more lows

View attachment 113353

View attachment 113354

View attachment 113355

View attachment 113356

The original (standard) 18” Amarok steel is 7.5” wide, load rated for your T32 and with a 235/50/18 tyre you would have no problems at all. If you want banded Amaroks, then the safe bet would be 8.5” fronts and 9.0” rears with the same size tyre. Other guys are running 9” fronts and 9.5” rears with SoLows @Wilmur for example?
That's really helpful, saw these on that thread

Screenshot_20220111-214143_Chrome.jpg

That's the standard o es I have on, look great banded though, defo gonna go with steels lol

Back