What to Add

To completely hi-jack the post, if not the forum.
I started on a ZX80 after a friend had his push bike stolen and his dad gave him the insurance money (had never heard of kids bike being insured).
After it was built with an electricians soldering iron and sent back for repair (meaning replacement) we lost a whole summer to learning to program.
I moved to a TRS-80 via a ZX81 and him to a Vic20.
Wish I had kept all my old kit.
Was also a lot less expensive that a T6

To completely hi-jack the post, if not the forum.
I started on a ZX80 after a friend had his push bike stolen and his dad gave him the insurance money (had never heard of kids bike being insured).
After it was built with an electricians soldering iron and sent back for repair (meaning replacement) we lost a whole summer to learning to program.
I moved to a TRS-80 via a ZX81 and him to a Vic20.
Wish I had kept all my old kit.
Was also a lot less expensive that a T6
I tried camping in a ZX81 once though and it was pretty uncomfortable despite the rubber keys.

I was late to that party and started with an Amiga 500, aged 14.
Dragon 64 who remembers them, made in Wales from recycled sheeps testicles.
Or the famous ZX Spectrum, I had the top end 48k with rubber keyboard, and you tell kids today and they won't believe you, I feel a sketch coming on........

Acorn Electron and then a BBC and then a BBC master, hours spent playing Elite from a 5.25 floppy disk. My mate had a VIC 20, followed by a C64, I was a bit jealous.

The Amiga was a top gaming computer though, spent hours of my youth, F1 and Alien Breed springs to mind...

Back