What Size Fuel Tank Is This Please?

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just wondering how my fuel consumption is, but not sure on the size of the tank I have?
See picture :)

E565D891-DB2C-44E3-84E0-53A48188ED04.jpeg

I think all euro 5 engines have an 80l tank, euro 6 engines have a 70l tank to allow for a 10l add blue tank.
I believe there is some confusion as to whether a upgrade tank could be specced on a euro 6 to 80l.
Happy to be proven wrong when the experts wake up :D

I think all euro 5 engines have an 80l tank, euro 6 engines have a 70l tank to allow for a 10l add blue tank.
I believe there is some confusion as to whether a upgrade tank could be specced on a euro 6 to 80l.
Happy to be proven wrong when the experts wake up :D

Not sure about expert, but from 2017 you could no longer spec a bigger tank because it was one of the first things I tried to do when I ordered mine.

Oh, I specced an 80L tank on a new Kombi with euro6 last month and didn’t hear anything to the contrary. The option is still on the configurator. We’ll see what I get...
Option code 2G2 on the order form.

Oh, I specced an 80L tank on a new Kombi with euro6 last month and didn’t hear anything to the contrary. The option is still on the configurator. We’ll see what I get...
Option code 2G2 on the order form.

Really? Now i've heard before that people have been able to spec the bigger tank, but not seen confirmation if they got it or not.
It was one of the first things I asked when I ordered mine, simply because I do a lot of miles, and I was told and it was confirmed by VW that the bigger tank is no longer an option, and that was October last year. I'd be interested to know if you got it because @Pauly priced up the larger tank for me and it wasn't daft money, but no one knew if it would fit with the Adblue tank.

So as usual, an inconsistency of official facts from VW dealerships depending on your geographical location.

Nuts. :mad:

You could always wait until it is empty, then brim the tank at the petrol station, that’ll tell you it’s approx size give or take a couple of litres.;)
It’s either going to be 70l or 80l. I have the 80 lt tank on my 180 bi-tdi, and I think the 204 bi-tdi also comes as standard with the bigger tank.

I’ve ordered the 4MOTION with an 80l tank? They must have changed the spec
Possibly they have redesigned the tank,I would be interested to compare PR-codes and tank part numbers, then we can make a definitive list.

I have no other PR codes for the tank on my build sheet so have to assume that is the standard and the 80L Vans will have a PR code for the larger tank??

I've got a 2018 204 4motion with an 80 litre tank.

Where will I find the part number? Maybe I can crawl underneath and take a photo of it.

Back