What Services Should I Put Underslung My Swb 4motion?

algled

T6 Pro
Hi folks,

I am busy planning how to convert a SWB HL 4M Kombi... I love the planning...! :geek:

What is recommended to put underneath?

Looking at:
- Gas tank - keen to have both barbecue point and feed x2 burner
- Fresh water
- Waste water
- Webasto/Eberspracher diesel heater
- x2 leisure batteries

I guess i will be limited with space.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated

Cheers

Gas tank usually goes in front of spare wheel, as you have a 4 motion that won't be doable due to rear axle driveshaft. The rest should be fine. New Wave Camper Conversions do an underneath mount for batteries i believe

Gas tank usually goes in front of spare wheel, as you have a 4 motion that won't be doable due to rear axle driveshaft. The rest should be fine. New Wave Camper Conversions do an underneath mount for batteries i believe
thanks - hadn't seen the new wave mount - that looks promising.

Failing that, look on @rod_vw profile and see some of his posts regarding a DIY battery tray he has made.

resurrecting this thread - has anyone found a place to mount gas underslung on a 4motion?

I’m planning a very similar conversion (T32 HL SWB 4M Kombi) and aim to get a 20L tank fitted under chassis with external fill point. Also getting external BBQ point and 2 burners inside. As previously mentioned this means losing the spare wheel. I’ll get a sealant/repair kit for any minor damage and a good recovery policy in case I ever get a blow out. At least I won’t run out of cooked meals waiting for the RAC to arrive!

resurrecting this thread - has anyone found a place to mount gas underslung on a 4motion?
did you ever fit a gas tank to your 4motion

I’m planning a very similar conversion (T32 HL SWB 4M Kombi) and aim to get a 20L tank fitted under chassis with external fill point. Also getting external BBQ point and 2 burners inside. As previously mentioned this means losing the spare wheel. I’ll get a sealant/repair kit for any minor damage and a good recovery policy in case I ever get a blow out. At least I won’t run out of cooked meals waiting for the RAC to arrive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did yes, I have a 20L LPG tank fitted under the chassis where the spare wheel should be. Fill point is at the rear bumper next to the water fill point - water tank also under chassis.

I did yes, I have a 20L LPG tank fitted under the chassis where the spare wheel should be. Fill point is at the rear bumper next to the water fill point - water tank also under chassis.
which ones did you use for the LPG and the water tanks as I can't a water tank that will fit if I went for the gas in the wheel well

Not sure Bynxy - the water tank is on the driver’s side mid chassis & the LPG tank where the spare wheel would have been. My van was put together by New Wave Custom Conversions in Wales if that’s any help?

Back