What roof and where?

drew_greenday

T6 Guru
hi all.

First post on here but I've been a member of the t4forum for ages. I've converted two vans, one witnhout a roof and one with. I fitted an Austin roof as I wasn't going to spend a fortune on the whole conversion. So I've found the perfect van and want to convert it so I want to keep it, so first off is the roof! I have almost narrowed it down to SCA, Reimo and the new Jerba one which is a wild card.

I live in Scotland but will travel some distance for the right fitter and the right roof. What's people's thoughts, pictures of the cab area would be good also!

Thanks.

Andy

IMG_3967.JPG

hi all.

First post on here but I've been a member of the t4forum for ages. I've converted two vans, one witnhout a roof and one with. I fitted an Austin roof as I wasn't going to spend a fortune on the whole conversion. So I've found the perfect van and want to convert it so I want to keep it, so first off is the roof! I have almost narrowed it down to SCA, Reimo and the new Jerba one which is a wild card.

I live in Scotland but will travel some distance for the right fitter and the right roof. What's people's thoughts, pictures of the cab area would be good also!

Thanks.

Andy

View attachment 7274
I too was in that position I had previously decided on the SCA but I was unsure which fitter to go with I have this weekend been to the motorhome show in Peterborough where I stumbled on sherwood campers and Jed is the man to take my money!
my next step is to visit his workshop and pay the deposit it's looking like a 3 month wait for the painted roof from sca

I too was in that position I had previously decided on the SCA but I was unsure which fitter to go with I have this weekend been to the motorhome show in Peterborough where I stumbled on sherwood campers and Jed is the man to take my money!
my next step is to visit his workshop and pay the deposit it's looking like a 3 month wait for the painted roof from sca
Definitely worth visiting the workshop, but then from my experience I'll never just visit one ever again. I'll now look at a couple before parting with my money.

I went to Caledonian converters the other day to look at the roofs, in particular the new poptopuk slimline. I sat on the bed when in the van and couldn't sit straight without hitting my head on the roof bed, I can't believe anyone else hasn't experienced this before. It wasn't just touching, it was an inch or so too low. I'm only 6 foot also!

I have to go with either an austop or an sca I think! Do I buy an austop and a rib for the same price as an sca, are they really that good?

Ta

I would suggest SCA 194 with safari for what its worth. Contact Karen @Banwy vans as she will recommend a good fitter in your area.

Personally I have only ever heard of austops once before you just mensioned them the guy I spoke to was very happy with it but for me I am definitely going SCA speaking to a lot of people about them they come highly recommend

I'm on my 3rd van now, the first was fitted with a Reimo good, but I didn't like the fixings through the roof and noticed crazing in the gel coat around them after a couple of years, my current and last have both had 194 SCA roofs and sofar faultless. Like the roof bed comfy And the locking turn buckles just seem more confidence inspiring than straps.
Even my old man wishes he had the SCA over his Reimo.

Back