fuse blew knocking out the interior and side lights

GONA66

CARAVELLE
VIP Member
T6 Guru
OK ,the 7.5 amp fuse blew knocking out the interior lights , front side lights and the rear lights ( the norm ) !
Now then I've changed the fuse , I've checked every single bulb ( yes stripped the rear light assemblies ! ) I've disconnected the battery to re-set things , and I've played with the switch by the drivers seat belt ! ALL to no avail . I've still got the orange dash light , warning me of a bulb issue and of course still no lights !
Can anyone help please.:cry:

Just because you havn't done any electrical mods doesnt mean you havn't accidently knocked something doing another job. Only trying to help/ think outside the box.

Just because you havn't done any electrical mods doesnt mean you havn't accidently knocked something doing another job. Only trying to help/ think outside the box.
Unfortunatley my knowledge is limited to bulbs and fuses in this instance , hence why I posted !

Unfortunatley my knowledge is limited to bulbs and fuses in this instance , hence why I posted !

All trying to help not pick holes in the work.. if you let us know what you have been doing thsn we might be able to pinpoint the possible problem..

All trying to help not pick holes in the work.. if you let us know what you have been doing thsn we might be able to pinpoint the possible problem..
Evening Fish, I know people are trying to be of assistance , I was merely thinking why would something I've done affect my fuse ! and i'm still stumped :confused: , please do keep me thinking. :)

Evening Fish, I know people are trying to be of assistance , I was merely thinking why would something I've done affect my fuse ! and i'm still stumped :confused: , please do keep me thinking. :)
So what work have you done that might have been intrusive ?

So what work have you done that might have been intrusive ?
Fitted kombi rear seats , new springs , front splitter , roof rails , side bars , sound deadening , alloys , oh removed steel bulkhead from behind front seats , lwb rear matt , full width trim at lower tailgate and new bulkhead behind kombi seats . That's a summery of everything I've done to date .

Not really any cables you can hit when doing bulkhead, only run is the main loom through roof on passenger side which you would have seen if you were sound deafening behind panels.
Might be worth spending a few quid on Carista and checking for any fault codes, whilst it’s not common a few people have reported issue when replacing a blown fuse the affected circuit (or part of) did not reenergise until the prevailing fault code was reset, have a look on the map a see if you have any (yellow) local VCDS users who could plug in for you ?

Not really any cables you can hit when doing bulkhead, only run is the main loom through roof on passenger side which you would have seen if you were sound deafening behind panels.
Might be worth spending a few quid on Carista and checking for any fault codes, whilst it’s not common a few people have reported issue when replacing a blown fuse the affected circuit (or part of) did not reenergise until the prevailing fault code was reset, have a look on the map a see if you have any (yellow) local VCDS users who could plug in for you ?
Thanks i'll look into this option .:thumbsup:

Back