What is the Vw cover all about?

I was going to take out the extra 2 years 80k one, I did not think it has transport to garage included if it breaks down + the a cost limit 2.5 k on any the work carried out with a 200 excess as well . I need to take it out by the end of this month or my 3 months is up and they wont do it.

I was going to take out the extra 2 years 80k one, I did not think it has transport to garage included if it breaks down + the a cost limit 2.5 k on any the work carried out with a 200 excess as well . I need to take it out by the end of this month or my 3 months is up and they wont do it.
Did mine last week ,but as mentioned ,he didn't know about break down cover .
I think for the £329 it's worth it .
My last van had 2 egr valves under warranty ,I asked how much it would have cost ,it was nearly£900 each so even with excess to pay it will help towards the bill .
If you are going to do it I wouldn't wait till the last minute .

My understanding the extended warranty does't include AA assist. there is no reference in the extended warranty to it. Looks great value

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2615031/factory_extended_warranties.pdf

from VW website

A comprehensive package for complete peace of mind.

- Exactly the same cover as original manufacturer warranty

- No limit to the number of claims you can make, no excess, and no requirement to pay and then reclaim
the costs

- All repairs carried out by the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles' authorised network using genuine parts

- Fully transferable to new owner, should you sell,
which will help to enhance resale value

Last edited:
My dealer last week said excludes breakdown 1st 3 years only. Would be happy if he was wrong but sure it would be listed in the sales stuff.

Anyone got experience of calling out VW Assist? Just wondering what their response time is. If they just use the AA then that fairly clear cut, but if VW use their own technicians....

i did with an Audi once it had the wrong spare wheel in boot, they came out fitted it with adapter and followed me to the nearest tyre place..
i felt posh :giggle:

My understanding the extended warranty does't include AA assist. there is no reference in the extended warranty to it. Looks great value

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/2615031/factory_extended_warranties.pdf

from VW website

A comprehensive package for complete peace of mind.

- Exactly the same cover as original manufacturer warranty

- No limit to the number of claims you can make, no excess, and no requirement to pay and then reclaim
the costs

- All repairs carried out by the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles' authorised network using genuine parts

- Fully transferable to new owner, should you sell,
which will help to enhance resale value
@StudleyGlass ,there is no excess or limits to amount ,so even better ,

*Whichever is soonest. †Example based on 12 months’ cover, £200 excess, 80k miles and £2.5k claim limit. Quotes obtained in 2015. Their prices are indicative and may vary up or down depending on parameters chosen (such as engine size, mileage, excess, maximum labour rate allowed, type of garage chosen, etc) and so may not be directly comparable with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles' single cover level.

Oh right i read this bit :unsure:

I was told it has an unlimited warranty value too.
The old one year warranty cost £1650, had a big excess AND a £2500 claim limit; total nonsense.

Just extended my BMW warranty for a year; £391 with extremely comprehensive breakdown cover, no claim limit; I went for the £250 excess version (no excess was over £600) but that still makes VWs old warranty look insane.

The new VW warranty is a massive bonus for someone who had so many issues with a T5.1 California.

I will get it done this week, 2 year 80k is plenty for me. Wont do them miles anyway

Back