Which Inverter/Generator ?

scunny nige

T6 Pro
hi

im new to this as was wondering what generator people use when hook up is not available
any recommendations

thanks nige

what do you run off it , we have a microwave and a heater , wouldn't run together
oh and obviously , hair maintenance devices , not mine I hasten to add

we have general camping stuff that we use,

12v/240v/gas beer fridge,
van battery charger,
kettle,
oil heater,
camp lights,
beer machine,
induction hob cooker.

used in the day if allowed, and to charge up leisure batteries for the evening etc.

some site we choose no hook-up and go and hide in the corner of a field and party . . .

most kit is 12v powered, but the batteries can run down very quickly. . . . . so the main essential use is to recharge all the leisure batteries, ready for the next evening..

we used to just run the old Euro5 van for an hour or so with the leisure battery connected up with jumper cables . . . . . but with these new Euro6/smart alternator wont charge the batteries. so we use a mains powered battery charger . . . .

we have this one :

NOCO - 15A Battery Charger with Engine Start - G15000

noco gb1500.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea where I can buy a pure sine wave inverter over the counter? I’ve left it too late to get one delivered.

Go outdoors & screwfix are showing them in stock, but I don’t know if they’re pure sine wave.

There are a few solar places that have them over the counter..... but it depends where you live....

Amazon sell the PSW Bestek inverters next day on Prime?

There are a few solar places that have them over the counter..... but it depends where you live....

Amazon sell the PSW Bestek inverters next day on Prime?
I tried to get the Bestek one yesterday but even in Prime it was 2nd August

Where do you live, and where are you going ?
Someone here may have one you can borrow (I have).

Pete

Thanks for all the replies, I made do with usb battery packs and had to go without certain things!

Hi and apologies in advance if this is a bit dumb...
But could do with some friendly help here
I assumed the 3 pin (mains) sockets we have in our new (secondhand) T6 would work either on hook up or on leisure. But seems I'm wrong as they only work on hook up. Is this normal/correct?
There's a scattering of 12v sockets in the van too - do I use these instead when on leisure? And are they powerful enough to charge smartphones...
Duh. These questions look even dumber now I've written them down...!
Thanks in advance for yr help!!

Hi and apologies in advance if this is a bit dumb...
But could do with some friendly help here
I assumed the 3 pin (mains) sockets we have in our new (secondhand) T6 would work either on hook up or on leisure. But seems I'm wrong as they only work on hook up. Is this normal/correct?
There's a scattering of 12v sockets in the van too - do I use these instead when on leisure? And are they powerful enough to charge smartphones...
Duh. These questions look even dumber now I've written them down...!
Thanks in advance for yr help!!
Hi, you are correct the 3pin plugs will only work when on mains hook up and will be mains voltage.
The 12v sockets are powered from your leisure battery so as long as that is charged they will work when not on mains hook up. Yes they will charge smartphones/iPads and even an appropriate 12v tv etc.
Enjoy your new camper and don’t be worried about asking questions.

It depends on whether an inverter has been fitted or not. If not (I guess your van hasnt) the 3 pin sockets will be hookup only. You can fit an inverter to run the 230V 3 pin sockets from the leisure battery when not on hook up if desired.

Back