What Hobbies do you have?

love this thread,

dunno how I've been missing it . . . . must recheck my forum settings page.

And doesn’t stink of pi55
Well if it did, you've almost certainly overpowered that with a more pungent odour. :D

Genius use of a fondly-remembered piece of vintage street furniture btw.

Reactions: JPE
Collecting gold coins(sovereign mainly) bit o golf (crap at it but gets me out) gave up match fishing (top kit fishing) buy and sell gold jewellery

Road cycling
fishing and collecting fishing lures
kayaking
standup paddle boarding
Arson
Automatic wrist watches
Walking
Tinkering with the T6
Camping

Retired early in 2011 and moved to Spain and odd jobs for folk in the IT field ie: computer repair and setting up IPTV etc. All got boring very quickly so bought a motorhome and toured the EU/UK for a few years on and off. In 2020 got made a offer for motorhome, which I could not refuse and 3 weeks later bought a 2016 T6 converted camper. Spent the next 3 years getting it just the way I wanted, so had little or no time for hobbies (it was my full time hobby even when touring in it!!!)
It ´s finished for now (wife is so happy) so............................
Just started in 3D printing and it´s a steep learning curve. I have managed to sell a few items I have printed whilst at campsites (people love some of the stuff we use on display), but nearly enough to cover cost of the printer and filaments. Still keeps me out of the bars and my brain is working hard........

If any member has some STL´s they would like to share be very happy to have them. :cool:

We agree on the road cycling, walking, collecting mechanical watches and camping. I would add Clay Shooting (a proud ex-England International but it was a long time ago!), photography, travel ( which goes with the camping - I'm posting this from Montenegro) and guitar playing. Unfortunately, I'm going deaf and have slowly lost the use of a finger in my left hand over the last 6 months which makes playing the guitar near impossible - medics seem unable to help. I've started selling my guitars and am now down to 2 acoustic (an old Epiphone and a Martin) and 2 electric (a Strat and a Gibson 335) which I know I should sell as well but can't bring myself to do it. I've a feeling that I posted this stuff before but couldn't be bothered to check back.

Last edited:
Track cycling, road cycling and just recently canoeing. Could add painting (poor), photography (getting better), Python programming (ok) anything Rasberry Pi (stale) and building record decks

IMG_5041.jpeg

7F5D9529-5CD9-4BB5-9BC8-54EF3B2E289E.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m salmon fishing daft and fish all over Scotland. I also like to do some foraging for wild mushrooms when I’m up the glens fishing.
I like to tie flies and build custom fishing rods as a side business.
I used to drag race but sold my GTR to buy my T6.
I also used to snowboard and wakeboard but operations on my knees and back put a stop to that.
I like drinking beer lots and lots too.
eaf4c6eb-d1d9-459c-ab61-4707006c3bb3.jpegIMG_4020.jpegIMG_3485.jpegIMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_5130.jpeg

Back