What head unit have i got??

Elliott

Lifeguard
T6 Pro
Just got a standard van (startline) what trype of head unit is fitted? they all look the same!! can I add vw parking sensors to it or should I just buy a standard kit? is there any thing else I can activate or add to it?

thanks

Elliott

Post a pic of your van as well in particular the front, if you have a startline it will have a moulded one piece front bumper and upper grille this will limit retro fitting of front sensors

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

Gonna treat myself to a new sportling front spoiler so 2 of the front parking sensors will be taken care of, was then going to try a sort of bodge the other 2 in the areas above?

Parking sensors kit comes with the trims with holes/sensors already mounted but doesnt look like these panels are removable on yours

IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2934.JPG IMG_2935.JPG

Your right mine aren't removable but I think I could the sensors and backing plates separately by the looks of the etka drawing? Would be nice to know if it would sync with my head unit? Before I buy, if not I'll just get cheaper after market one.

Pauly.......does that mean I could have the front sensors retrofitted to my kombi highline........it's one thing I would have ordered if mine had been a factory order! If it's possible, what's involved and what would it cost? The VW dealer said they don't do it.

Complete kit is £580 delivered to your door including vat receipt if required :thumbsup:
Front and rear sensors/control module/dash button/2 x speakers/all wiring
I can give you instructions on how to wire it all up but will need coding in so you can either take it to a dealer/buy VCDS/hire VCDS or come to Plymouth and i will do it for you for free (you may have to buy me a pint) ;)

You would need to remove the bumper to fit the wiring so it would be a case of drilling the correct size hole in the correct place and the sensors come with little mounting plates to bond to the rear of the bumper to hold the sensors in place

Thats a good point mate will have to double check tomorrow the individual prices but yes will be a bit cheaper without them, guessing around £50 off but will need to confirm

Back