What Have You Been Listening To Today?

It’s said about music that… ‘when you’re happy, you enjoy the melody but when you’re broken, you understand the lyrics…’

A classic example…

Bit of Otis Clay. Not a lot of people know this but he released the original version of "The only way is up" tragically murdered by Yazz and her plastic population.
Following on from originals and cover versions, a couple more that spring to mind.
Cover: The Stranglers - 96 tears
Original: Big Maybelle
Cover: Happy Mondays - Step on
Original: John Kangos - He's gonna step on you again

Not really a cover but sampled, Fat boy slim - Praise you
Original: Camille Yarbrough - Take Yo Praise

Now I do prefer most original versions over a cover version, but every now and again I come across a little gem that gets the foot tapping.
Today's offerings from the Rolling Stones catalogue.

Hopefully the links work as posted from my phone.

Reactions: CAB
Proper musos playing proper music, love it! Thank you!

It does look like it.

Sadly the Dave Brubeck Sax player Paul Desmond died years before The Stranglers wrote Golden Brown.

That video is actually a very clever piece of editing / dubbing to make it look like The DB quartet are playing the song.
Watch again carefully and you'll see that the drums and sax actions don't quite match with the notes.

Still a class tune.

It does look like it.

Sadly the Dave Brubeck Sax player Paul Desmond died years before The Stranglers wrote Golden Brown.

That video is actually a very clever piece of editing / dubbing to make it look like The DB quartet are playing the song.
Watch again carefully and you'll see that the drums and sax actions don't quite match with the notes.

Still a class tune.
Brilliant piece of foolery! I want to believe!

Back