Cadac - Which Gas Supply?

6kg Calor Lite....height 487. Diameter 246. Gross weight (full) 10.52 kg Propane. :thumbsup:
Just to add if your ever interested in a cracking little grill with a toast pan ..this is what i use...not fitted to the van but great as it’s a stand alone setup
82BDA376-7448-4E0F-A184-63B171B6E5AA.jpeg

Last edited:
How does refilling those work please?
It’s the same as when you change the bigger bottles...find an outlet..I use Northern Caravans (Warrington)..get your bottle and exchange when empty (refill cost about £25 ish):thumbsup:

How does refilling those work please?
exchange
calor cylinder details
Cylinder Type/Size Height Diameter
Butane 4.5kg 340 mm 240 mm
Butane 6kg BBQ Gas 314 mm 306 mm
Butane 7kg 495 mm 256 mm
Butane 15kg 580 mm 318 mm
Propane 3.9kg 340 mm 240 mm
Propane 5kg Patio Gas 314 mm 306 mm
Propane 6kg 495 mm. 256 mm
Propane 13kg Patio Gas 580 mm 315 mm
Propane 13kg 580 mm 315 mm
Propane 19kg 800 mm 315 mm
Propane 47kg 1290 mm 375 mm

Trouble is both campingaz and calor propane are exchange bottles so you never know the condition of the outside you can always pick the cleanest looking or make a cover for it
i get mine from the calor main outlet they supply all the other outlets and their bottles always seem to be repainted and in tip top condition
if your that bothered about the bottle always being pristine you could get the gaslow refillable bottle you buy out right keep and refill the same bottle
as far as someone giving you a manky looking empty bottle if you get it for free just go and pay to exchange it for a full one

Is the gaslow one that you fill with LPG? Does it have to be fitted permanently to the van if you want to fill at a petrol station?

Is the gaslow one that you fill with LPG? Does it have to be fitted permanently to the van if you want to fill at a petrol station?
Gaslow Direct
To be honest i don't know i toyed with the idea of having one
but went for an under slung tank make unknown one thing i do know LPG is well cheap when you fill up
the last 2 years of use has cost about £10 so if you use a lot of gas gaslow system would probably pay for its self in a few years.

Gaslow Direct
To be honest i don't know i toyed with the idea of having one
but went for an under slung tank make unknown one thing i do know LPG is well cheap when you fill up
the last 2 years of use has cost about £10 so if you use a lot of gas gaslow system would probably pay for its self in a few years.

Underslung tank sounds ideal. Any pointers please?

There's another thread elsewhere on here discussing the high costs of Campingaz in general and full 907 cylinders in particular. In comparison, filling a Gaslow cylinder from a forecourt pump is very cheap and but you still need to buy all the kit to be able to do it. That might not be too bad until, as in my case, you factor in the cost of buying (and fitting if you don't DIY) a larger gas locker because the 'standard' 907 size locker is too small for even the smallest Gaslow cylinder. The lockers are not cheap on top of all the other stuff that you need to buy. I don’t know how that compares to an underslung tank though.

Last edited:
Just a quick update. The calor light bottle shown in the photo is now only exchanged with a steel bottle( heavy), as they are withdrawing them

Just a quick update. The calor light bottle shown in the photo is now only exchanged with a steel bottle( heavy), as they are withdrawing them
Umm..as I understood from my dealer they are and where available but limited stock ..but I found this on the net:(:(

Calor Lite cylinder update
LPG supplier Calor has provided some further information about its lightweight gas cylinders.

Calor Lite cylinders have been discontinued but a new lightweight cylinder is in development. The company has confirmed current Calor Lite users will be able to exchange their cylinders for new-style ones when they are released. This will be true even if a Lite cylinder has been exchanged for a standard 6kg gas cylinder in the meantime, as long as the customer has proof of purchase of the original Lite product.

There's another thread elsewhere on here discussing the high costs of Campingaz in general and full 907 cylinders in particular.

Campingaz 907 Refill Prices

@Skyliner33 - when compared to the price of a 907 bottle, the screw in canisters (EN417 connection) you are using via your Cadac Powerpack can work out cost effective as you will usually find somewhere selling 6 of the 500 canisters (circa 450gram of gas in each which is roughly equivalent to the 2.72kg of gas in a 907) for as little as £20, eg. Coleman C500 Screw On Gas Cartridge x 6 Cartridge Multi Pack - Wow Camping

We use a combination of the onboard supply (907 in a locker) via gas point on the side of van and EN417 canisters via Cadac Powerpack as backup and/or if we want to cook further away from van. As above though, the bigger bottles and/or underslung refillable tanks will work out significantly cheaper than either using a 907 or canisters but we are restricted to 907 by the physical size of our gas locker.

Sorry to post another Cadac question but does the HP burn any fiercer than the LP? I'd normally go for the convinience of the screw in canistors but the Calor Butane 4.5kg only £18 to fill, and i have 1 in the garage.

Last edited:
No theres 2 options when you buy the safari chef. Either the high pressure that uses the screw in cans or the low pressure that uses campinggaz or calor. I/m about to pull the trigger but not sure which to get

No theres 2 options when you buy the safari chef. Either the high pressure that uses the screw in cans or the low pressure that uses campinggaz or calor. I/m about to pull the trigger but not sure which to get
Ah, I have the Grillo Chef, it seems to work with both, just have to get the correct regulator.

Back