What did you do lately?

Cheaper than going to local tip!
My local tip no longer take ‘hardcore’. We had a strange exchange when I tried to throw 3 concrete blocks into the ‘general waste’ container.
Jobsworth ’you can’t put hardcore in there’
Me ‘it’s not hardcore it’s complete concrete blocks’
Jobsworth ‘it’s hardcore’
Me ‘order a ton of hardcore and see how many concrete blocks they send you’
Anyway, I ended up breaking them up at home into ‘hardcore’ and putting them in the wheelie bin.
Utter madness.

My local tip no longer take ‘hardcore’. We had a strange exchange when I tried to throw 3 concrete blocks into the ‘general waste’ container.
Anyway, I ended up breaking them up at home into ‘hardcore’ and putting them in the wheelie bin.
Utter madness.
Kirklees Council?

Utter madness.
I have the same with a blown double glazing unit.....they want to charge me for it as building materials. I'll smash it in a binbag and put it in the bin. Jobsworth council

Utter madness.
I put no end of crap into our general waste bin because of these rules!!!

Bizarrely, where I live, the county council charge for certain things (rubble, glazing units etc) and you need a free permit for paint which has to be applied for in advance and limits amounts per annum, however, the city council centre which is 3 miles further has no charges / permits required for these items.

Not difficult to work the system!

Chris,

I look at all of your work with awe and admiration and would love to have a piece like those above in the garden. Out of interest would you be able to share ball park figures on cost of one of the seats above. I understand it may be commercially sensitive and you may not want to divulge.

Keep updating the thread with pictures!!

Regards
Ian
Hi Ian
Thanks buddy
They are as you say commercial sensitive.
I will drop you a pm with a guide

Back