What Brand Cambelt kit and how do I know if I need an electric water pump?

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I've had a bit of a read through the cambelt threads, pretty much most saying the same thing 4 or 5 years....

What brand belt kit can I use as I noticed the recall with Gates, have they sorted the problem out or are they still worth avoiding? I've usually always gone for a gates belt powergrip kit.
I also need to find out if I have the electric water pump which is new to until reading through the other posts. How on earth do I tell what type mine is?

The van is 2016 150 manual Shuttle. CXHA

Had a gander at Gates website. It is showing it as non switchable so guessing that is non electric? Picture shows somewhere which a sensor goes in though

Oh I see. I change the electric switch over. Gates PDF. Answered my own thread here guys. Hopefully it helps others.

Attachments

• document(1).pdf
    695.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: DXX
Glad to say that according to the Gates site my 180PS CFCA doesn’t have a water pump with a controlled shroud...phew

Have just done my cfca 180bhp and can confirm it was a standard pump with no plug etc.

I fitted a dayco belt kit from eurocarparts

Reactions: DXX
CXFA, CXGA, CXGB, CXHA, CXHB, CXEB and CXEC use the dual stage pump. CFCA was the old engine fitted to early T6

My van is a 67 plate and due (over due) a timing belt change. I'm getting prices all over the place from the main stealers but want to get I'd done at one for at least the first time. My main question is the cheapest local dealer is £450 without the water pump and not the cheapest at £700 with the pump. The cheapest I've found with the pump is about £650. Does anyone know the cheapest main dealer price and would you bother with the waterpump when it's only done 30k and likely to be the same by the next due change. TIA.

more info here:

Reactions: JOG
My van is a 67 plate and due (over due) a timing belt change. I'm getting prices all over the place from the main stealers but want to get I'd done at one for at least the first time. My main question is the cheapest local dealer is £450 without the water pump and not the cheapest at £700 with the pump. The cheapest I've found with the pump is about £650. Does anyone know the cheapest main dealer price and would you bother with the waterpump when it's only done 30k and likely to be the same by the next due change. TIA.
If you are looking to protect a warranty (or extended warranty) then you ought to seriously consider doing it!

Back