What Books Are You Reading At The Moment?

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. Crime Thriller
@Ghost. By coincidence, I'm just reading that and it's fantastic. It's been on my Kindle for a long time and I thought that I had better get to it as the author has a new one out soon. I've also got to say that its description at the beginning of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is one of the most truthful that I have ever seen. I always describe it as the shiniest third world sh1t hole in existence - get below the veneer of civilisation and you might as well be back in the 12th century. I hope all those footballers taking the Saudi money begin to regret their decisions (but I doubt that will happen some how).

@Ayjay
One of the best I’ve read this year.
The Year of the Locust is out in November.

If you like a crime thriller, I’d also recommend Killing Jericho.

I don't really put effort into reading fiction or fantasy novels, i prefere non fiction. Recently finished "Chaos - The Truth Behind The Manson Murders" by Tom O'Neill
Excellent book. Well worth a read if you are into true crime and corruption.

The one fiction novel i do read every couple of months, because it's awesome, is "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. This book really is brilliant. If you're an 80s child into gaming and pop culture of the time, this will bring back so many memories.
Speilberg made a movie based on this book a few years ago, but he only really took the idea in a different direction. The film is pretty crap.
The book is nothing like the movie. The book is awesome!!

Having a bit of a renaissance of the old Kindle paper white to step away from screens a bit more and going back through my favourite Pratchetts.

Reactions: CAB
Back