What Awning Rail

LPollard

Hi All,

I am sure this will of been asked in the past but I'm new to the group.

I am having my T6 fully converted in a few weeks and need some kind of awning rail.

I do not like the grenade launcher look of the fiamma or do I want to stick a multi rail on the side of my van.

Are there any other discreet options on the market.

Reactions: DXX
Yeah I've seen these C Rails but just haven't been able to see any reviews on them but they look like they would do the job

I've just fitted the one from camper rails, not cheap but its hidden and I can easily mod my roof bars to fit with it

Reimo - I tried without but threw towel in and went back to have it fitted - game changer

We have a similar one from lightning leisure which we are happy with and you can fit your roof rails on top of it as well

I’ve been all game for getting a gutter one like this to go with the roof bars... (lightening leisure one) BUT I’ve had the van paint corrected and ceramic coated, so I don’t really want the awning resting on the top of the roof between the side of the van and the gutter (if you get me)

Anddddd do I really want to drill into the side of my van?! Anyone regret the side ones? I see vans with stealthy black ones on the side of the van, and they look good!!!!

I went for the stitches and steel gutter awning rail . Just uses the original screws.

No glueing, no drilling and around £20.

Also out of sight and does the job of attaching my awning.
Personally not a fan of the ones bulging out on the side of the van.

I went for the stitches and steel gutter awning rail . Just uses the original screws.

No glueing, no drilling and around £20.

Also out of sight and does the job of attaching my awning.
Personally not a fan of the ones bulging out on the side of the van.

yeah i get that, just dont like the fact im gonna be hooking and unhooking once or twice a day! potentially scratching the van.. plus pop top in future!

decisions decisions

If you're going to have a pop top, I would suggest that a Reimo multi is the best option and IMHO they are quite discrete and look better than a huge great black / white oblong thing bolted to the van.
PS. I finished typing above and posted it only to see an email arrive in my in-box from Camperco who have offers on the Reimo today. Don't know how competitive they are but might be worth a look. Se here: Campervan Rails & Brackets | Campervan Accessories | Camperco

Last edited:
I have a fiamma F45s what some people are calling big chunky oblong things stuck to the van and I have to disagree if you bought your van to be a camper they are the best on the market yes I agree that they are not to everyone taste aesthetic wise but I wouldn't say they look ugly they are so useful if you need some shade or protection from rain if you just doing a short stay just wind out and happy days they are also the easiest way to attach your awning to.
So for me if you are going to use your van as a serious camper with lots of trips away it's the best option by far if you are just going to use it once or twice a year then a multi rail might be a better option.

If you do go for a drill fixing one, go for the Reimo multirail. I have both the multirail and the copy from Van X (I think!). The Reimo is better.

Note : with certain makes of pop tops you lose the use of the gutter and roof mounts. SCA is one of those makes.

Back