What are my Barn doors worth

M4rc

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’ve managed to source what I need to carry out of tailgate conversion on my van. could anybody tell me how much I would be looking to get for my barn doors, bumper & lights?
Indium grey, 2016 with parking sensors, & barn door spoiler
TIA

The spoiler might reduce the price so I'd guess about 150 for each door, 100 for the bumper and fek all for the lights.

Only slightly and not worth changing IMO
The untrained eye wouldn’t even notice the difference

Only slightly and not worth changing IMO
The untrained eye wouldn’t even notice the difference
The reflector are different and the curve where the bottom of door sits isn’t the same.

D642A2B5-C55B-40E1-A124-360E1C57A3EC.jpeg

0DDD9A2C-9F77-4D32-BEF9-2767BF378BA4.jpeg

D03C1860-F074-47C0-9FEC-689A70E39A5B.jpeg

It is nice, It’s not my van these are photos from the tailgate conversion thread on this forum.
I got £200 each for my doors with glass fitted as yours are, and rear spoiler. They were clean. £90 for the bumper. The doors went word of mouth and the bumper went on eBay.

I got £200 each for my doors with glass fitted as yours are, and rear spoiler. They were clean. £90 for the bumper. The doors went word of mouth and the bumper went on eBay.
thanks for that, just waiting on tailgate to be painted then on with fitting! ill put them on eBay then. did you fit the tailgate your self?

thanks for that, just waiting on tailgate to be painted then on with fitting! ill put them on eBay then. did you fit the tailgate your self?
Yes I did. It was relatively straight forward. I read the thread on this forum then watched a YouTube video. The important thing is to make sure you have everything before you start. I had a bit of fun setting the rear lights up as they needed re pinning. A spare pair of hands can be handy as well.
The swap over was complete the sameday but the lights and lock took another few days to fettle. Which was ok for me as the vans not in daily use.
Good luck and keep us updated

I’ve studied the thread on here and also done lots of searching on YouTube. I’m quite comfortable with doing it. I’ve got some help too. My part is to get it all fitted then I’m handing it over to a auto electrician. I’ve no clue with wires. All the locking mechanism & handles are already on the tailgate so shouldn’t be too bad. Fingers crossed

Yes I did. It was relatively straight forward. I read the thread on this forum then watched a YouTube video. The important thing is to make sure you have everything before you start. I had a bit of fun setting the rear lights up as they needed re pinning. A spare pair of hands can be handy as well.
The swap over was complete the sameday but the lights and lock took another few days to fettle. Which was ok for me as the vans not in daily use.
Good luck and keep us updated
what do you me when you say "re pinning? is there some drilling to do to fit the grommets for the new tail lights?

what do you me when you say "re pinning? is there some drilling to do to fit the grommets for the new tail lights?
I believe he meant some of the wires and their electrical connections (the pins) will need swapping in the plugs to match up with the vehicle loom

I believe he meant some of the wires and their electrical connections (the pins) will need swapping in to plugs to match up with the vehicle loom
oh, ok..... ;-) thought he was referring to the fitting of the light. I'm not going to attempt any wiring, id probable blow something. just the fitting of parts ;)

oh, ok..... ;-) thought he was referring to the fitting of the light. I'm not going to attempt any wiring, id probable blow something. just the fitting of parts ;)
Yes repinning is just swapping the wires around in the plug.

If you know of any more barn doors in silver (no windows) let us know please pal

Back