What aftermarket headlamps are these?

Mike j

Hi all had my 2019 T6 a couple of months noticed ( as did everybody with sight ) that frontal illumination is less than adequate ( s**te ) actually can’t believe this is legal
so I joined the forum ( Keen or what ) and put headlights in the search box OMG read loads don't get half of it ( only just learned to speak T2 after 5 years (and I’m over 21)
so can I please beg help it seems my van has aftermarket lights ( not thqs) so I’m unclear what options there are first for a temp fix so I can go out at night and if needed a permanent
solution
please remember I’m new to this (and over 21 )

thanks in advance
Mike

Hi all had my 2019 T6 a couple of months noticed ( as did everybody with sight ) that frontal illumination is less than adequate ( s**te ) actually can’t believe this is legal
so I joined the forum ( Keen or what ) and put headlights in the search box OMG read loads don't get half of it ( only just learned to speak T2 after 5 years (and I’m over 21)
so can I please beg help it seems my van has aftermarket lights ( not thqs) so I’m unclear what options there are first for a temp fix so I can go out at night and if needed a permanent
solution
please remember I’m new to this (and over 21 )

thanks in advance
Mike
Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

Can you post up a photo of your headlights, perhaps illuminated and switched off, so we can diagnose and advise?

There are guides if you’re not sure on how to upload.. but it’s very easy, mobile or desktop.

I’ve changed the title of your post too - don’t be alarmed, it’ll help get you the right answers.

They look like THQ lights or at least very similar, either way I hear the best upgrade for the dip beam on these is a 35w HID conversion kit, and some LED bulbs in the main beams, you'll then want them coding to have dipped beam stay on with main (this may already be the case).

Hi and welcome to the forum
They look like THQ V2's to me with standard halogen bulbs, I would start with fitting LED bulbs in the H7 ( dipped beams ) THQ do their own which don't give dash errors and upgrade the H1's ( main beams } to something like Osram nightbreakers

They look the same as mine
And having had them for years
It’s first Mot was the other week and it failed on them…..
They just needed adjusting.
Although apparently it’s a bit of a faff

0A899256-A95B-40EF-B317-C71E0CBF44D5.jpeg

2933782A-3616-4C8D-A416-93ED19EDAC00.jpeg

They look the same as mine
And having had them for years
It’s first Mot was the other week and it failed on them…..
They just needed adjusting
Although apparently it’s a bit of a faff
I was about to say that - @Mike j be aware of this thread:

the mechanic adjusted mine and it passed
And to be honest I never realised how bad they were
Spot on now tho

Thanks guys emailed vanstyle to confirm then I might be able to fit a brighter candle in them
@Mike j Are your headlights made by Junyan? If you look at the headlight glass/plastic for any writing it should also tell you which bulbs to use for the dipped and main beam??

Back