What’s the best head unit available?

I'm looking to replace the original unit on my T6. I was looking at the rcd360+ but I think I'm going to splash out a bit more on the pioneer 360dabs or Kenwood 8021dabs. What experiences do people have with these units?
I just fitted the Kenwood 8021dabs. It's a massive improvement over the stock T6 unit. Here are my thoughts after one trip.

Good points:
- Easy to fit with the kit sold by @Absolut5
- Android Auto works wireless
- Comes with USB-C
- Has a built in compass!
- Reverse camera works even when you only have sensors fitted
- Looks bulletproof and solid.

Bad Points:
- Screen can be hard to see in direct sunlight even at the highest brightness
- Screen gets lots of fingerprints
- I can't find a way of playing music with one phone and using Android Auto with a second phone
- Comes with USB-C but the adapter out is USB-A (see my retrofit guide)

Comments:
- Apple Carplay ONLY works if you connect a DAB Ariel. I used a screen mounted one as my factory fitted one was goosed.
- Volume buttons are annoying (I don't have a MFSW)

I just fitted the Kenwood 8021dabs. It's a massive improvement over the stock T6 unit. Here are my thoughts after one trip.

Good points:
- Easy to fit with the kit sold by @Absolut5
- Android Auto works wireless
- Comes with USB-C
- Has a built in compass!
- Reverse camera works even when you only have sensors fitted
- Looks bulletproof and solid.

Bad Points:
- Screen can be hard to see in direct sunlight even at the highest brightness
- Screen gets lots of fingerprints
- I can't find a way of playing music with one phone and using Android Auto with a second phone
- Comes with USB-C but the adapter out is USB-A (see my retrofit guide)

Comments:
- Apple Carplay ONLY works if you connect a DAB Ariel. I used a screen mounted one as my factory fitted one was goosed.
- Volume buttons are annoying (I don't have a MFSW)
When you say volume buttons are annoying, what do you mean by this? Like they’re a bit dead and uninspiring? Sometimes they click sometimes they don’t? This was my experience of a similar unit’s buttons.

When you say volume buttons are annoying, what do you mean by this? Like they’re a bit dead and uninspiring? Sometimes they click sometimes they don’t? This was my experience of a similar unit’s buttons.
It's a personal thing. A dial would be better I think. The buttons work fine but you need to press them firmly and they look identical and the lit icons are too small. I don't like taking my eyes off the road and fiddling about pressing/holding up and down.

My solution is to get a MFSW fitted at some point.

It's a personal thing. A dial would be better I think. The buttons work fine but you need to press them firmly and they look identical and the lit icons are too small. I don't like taking my eyes off the road and fiddling about pressing/holding up and down.

My solution is to get a MFSW fitted at some point.
If you have a rotary control, then the screen will be smaller , there is never a solution to fit all. But it does most things very well.

Yes agree with the screen, but all in dash touch screens suffer from finger prints, you want to see my discovery media in my T6.1 it’s awful for this

The gps is for wireless not the dab aerial ..

Back