What’s included in a VW service?

Steve Hales

T6 Guru
Had my first interim service at a main dealer last Friday and all was ok, just wondered what’s included in the service as today my “ad blue” warning has come on to let me know I need to top up.
It’s not really an issue as I can do this myself but would of thought a service would have picked this up and they would refill.

I am sure they will spot it and offer to fill it for you (at their very expensive rates for parts and labour).

Pete

interim - oil & filter.

AdBlue is a consumable, according to vw, like diesel and down to the driver to check and fill.

ENGINE & SERVICE:

Last edited:
Make sure your washer bottle is full. They might top it up and charge you a tenner as an extra.
I have been stung for a washer bottle top up so many times and I kick myself every time I see it on an invoice, drives me mad! I should probably put a label on the filler neck asking garages never to top it up! :)

Inspection services are a joke. To maintain service history I’ve taken a vehicle with a known issue into a main dealer for an Inspection Service and they never spotted the defect.
Tick box exercise and time booked to catch up on other jobs?

Dont waste any effort arguing over the washer fluid - I brimmed SWMBOs Skoda on the morning it went in and challenged the charge. Service manager said they had to test the washers so refilled it. Also queried the spec of oil used as manual says 0W30 (I think, began with a zero anyway) and they used 5W30 at a trillion pounds a litre! Despite what the handbook said 5w30 was acceptable.

Anyway, I think they all charge fixed price servicing then break down the individual elements to justify themselves. You pay the fixed price whether you need screenwash or not. One of the service desk guys at Skoda used to put a bottle of screen wash in the passenger footwell if reservoir was full. Unfortunately he left as fell out with the DP - probably because he was doing a good job!

They also have to pay for all that expensive video equipment!

And breath!

Wipe with an oily rag while whistling through teeth as they tot up how much they could bill for essential non-essentials!!!

Had my first interim service at a main dealer last Friday and all was ok, just wondered what’s included in the service as today my “ad blue” warning has come on to let me know I need to top up.
It’s not really an issue as I can do this myself but would of thought a service would have picked this up and they would refill.
Interestingly, I had a service today at JCT600 Van centre in Wakefield (having gone there because I'd been pretty disappointed by my experiences at the Sheffield branch, sadly) and they unexpectedly refilled my AdBlue. My AdBlue warning was on (900 miles remaining) and I'd already purchased AdBlue to fill it with, but they filled it as part of the service (which was part of a service plan) so I didn't pay a penny for it!

Equally, the service I received at Wakefield was fantastic, and they did the service in 2 hours whilst I waited. Top marks! Thoroughly recommended!

Back