Westfalia detachable towbar additional parts

7H0807252A foam pad dimensions if you want to source your own

330mm wide x 45mm deep x 18.5mm high (this last measurement includes the trim tape.

The lip at the front, which I’m sure is just to locate it on the tow bar is 5mm thick 17mm high and runs the full 330mm width.

the foam itself is quite dense and you can only depress it very slightly when pinching between finger and thumb.

I’m sure a can of cavity foam would do the job :whistle:

Had my Towbar fitted today, I bought all the additional parts but was told by the fitter I didn’t need them as they are already on the van, the dealer won’t take them back and give a refund because they were ordered in, so if anyone wants the plastic rail, all the clips and the 2 foam pads, come and collect them from me for £30

That is cheap as the foam pads are nearly £25 on there own. Guess you had a kombi shuttle or caravelle or a van with towbar prep.

I have these bits if anyone needs them for a charity donation though overseas until 27th

Hi gav , do you still have these parts available?
Just had a towbar professional fitted and have none of these parts !!!!! Now my bumper is all wobbly (panel van)

As theres now two parties interested in these to make it fair propose you send offer by pm.

Any money received will be donated to cancer research uk, postage is possible but will be extra (at cost).

Happy to take pictures of what I have, not possible until tomorrow evening though.

Apologies for delay, currently this is all I can find, will check the westfaliia instructions to see what else there should be, possible been used.

A40AC96D-8059-432D-A72E-032AE57A9F4D.jpeg

Haven’t been able to find anything other than the that, the other items on the Westphalia instructions I definitely had so they were either used or I’ve subsequently lost them. It was over a year ago so could have been either, as mine a factory Kombi didn’t have the foam.

Yes. You have to cut out the entire inner flanges from the mounts so you are left with a much reduced mounting area as well as a weakened beam. However, its got to be better than plastic....

Yes. You have to cut out the entire inner flanges from the mounts so you are left with a much reduced mounting area as well as a weakened beam. However, its got to be better than plastic....
I couldn't agree more. I suppose welding it to the westfalia would invalidate any warranty but after a decent rear end shunt, it would need replacing anyway. What do you think?

I didn't but my only concern was bumper support. I don't know why anyone would ever use the bumper as a step but would rather it had some vertical strength anyway and essentially just wanted as much crash protection as possible. I don't think it would be any better from the factory.

I might give it a go, maybe pop a few tack welds to hold them in place then remove the whole thing and add a few substantial welds. This has been a great help, thanks again. I'll not try to pick your brains regarding electrical connections, at least for now! Cheers.

If you have a T6 panel van, the above part is required and replaces the existing van crash beam, vans with windows behind the driver i.e caravelles, Kombis, Shuttles etc already have this part in place, in addition to this two foam pads are required to support the bumper. (Part no. 7H0807252A)
Sorry to reopen this old thread! I am feckin fumin! Ordered my westfalia towbar ages ago for my T6.1 ... that I ordered with towbar prep and I’m wondering why the blazes VW did not fit the above part instead of the standard item???
Surely it makes sense that if they’re putting in the wires and fuses for a towbar ...people are going to need this too.
Im sitting with my bumper off, spare wheel out, a dozen or so bolts and clips loose and trim and liners on my drive and now I can’t finish the job. VW say they won’t have the part for 2 full days.
Damn you VW!
Ok, rant over

Back