Westdubs pop top fabric options

Pano it the size of the clear front panel.If you look at PIPPS30 van you can see it wraps around the corners rather than just a panel in the front. Scenic is the ability to unzip the front of the pop top and clip it back (so like a giant sunroof). It would appear that the Pano roof is a speciality of PIPS30 roof fitter as West Dubs don't list it anywhere and my converter says they have no knowledge of it.
Thanks for describing the difference.

So a year of so on - are you guys happy with the roof option from WestDubs? Lots of companies fit the pop tops, prices (Excluding Riemo) are all about the same - so would the vacuum version of the pop top me comparable with the GRP version? Anything to watch out for or to opt for that you didnt?

I've had a Westdubs for over 3 years - it was on the van when I bought it from the converter but the installation was done by Westdubs themselves in the factory near Worcester - there's a picture on Page 1 (Post 5). Sorry but I've no idea whether it's a 'vacuum version' or 'GRP version' (or even what a 'vacuum version' is!). The only issues that I've had with mine were:
  1. Due to my own stupidity, I managed to put a small (1") tear in the roof 'canvas'. My first thought was to patch it with a piece of the same material so I called Westdubs and asked if they would have a piece available. They very quickly sent me a large piece (basically the cut-out from the front window) free of charge. In the end, I didn't use it for other than testing the stuff that I actually did use (Tear Aid) but it was good of them all the same.
  2. About 2 years in, I happened to notice that it wasn't quite centred to the van and on further investigation realised that a couple of the nyloc nuts had worked loose (which is weird as that's what they're designed not to do but I guess they could have been loose from the factory and it just took me a while to notice). I went around them all with a spanner and it was back in line again - over 4,000 miles later, they're still good but I'm now in the habit of eyeballing them every now and then and also keep a 10mm spanner in the van just in case (a 10mm socket and ratchet is too deep to fit in the gap).
  3. During our first long road trip down to South of France in September 21, the rubber spoiler strip mounted on the van in front of the roof came loose. When we got back home 3 weeks later, I called Westdubs and they immediately offered to send me a new one or to fit it for me if I wanted to go to them. I chose the latter as they're not too far from me and met some really nice people during the visit.
As might be gathered from the above, I can't really fault the roof or the customer service from Westdubs. Maybe it's not as low profile as some prefer but it works for me. It's also stood up to some really crappy weather with rain and strong winds without any drama.

I've had a Westdubs for over 3 years - it was on the van when I bought it from the converter but the installation was done by Westdubs themselves in the factory near Worcester - there's a picture on Page 1 (Post 5). Sorry but I've no idea whether it's a 'vacuum version' or 'GRP version' (or even what a 'vacuum version' is!). The only issues that I've had with mine were:
  1. Due to my own stupidity, I managed to put a small (1") tear in the roof 'canvas'. My first thought was to patch it with a piece of the same material so I called Westdubs and asked if they would have a piece available. They very quickly sent me a large piece (basically the cut-out from the front window) free of charge. In the end, I didn't use it for other than testing the stuff that I actually did use (Tear Aid) but it was good of them all the same.
  2. About 2 years in, I happened to notice that it wasn't quite centred to the van and on further investigation realised that a couple of the nyloc nuts had worked loose (which is weird as that's what they're designed not to do but I guess they could have been loose from the factory and it just took me a while to notice). I went around them all with a spanner and it was back in line again - over 4,000 miles later, they're still good but I'm now in the habit of eyeballing them every now and then and also keep a 10mm spanner in the van just in case (a 10mm socket and ratchet is too deep to fit in the gap).
  3. During our first long road trip down to South of France in September 21, the rubber spoiler strip mounted on the van in front of the roof came loose. When we got back home 3 weeks later, I called Westdubs and they immediately offered to send me a new one or to fit it for me if I wanted to go to them. I chose the latter as they're not too far from me and met some really nice people during the visit.
As might be gathered from the above, I can't really fault the roof or the customer service from Westdubs. Maybe it's not as low profile as some prefer but it works for me. It's also stood up to some really crappy weather with rain and strong winds without any drama.
Great incite - thank you!

I'm just about to push the button and order a westdubs pop top roof and I'm leaning towards the premium (Sauleda) fabric. I'm considering yellow or red, but not sure if these allow too much light through. Could anyone shed any light (puntastic) on this issue? I'll go black or dark grey if it means my 6 year old daughter sleeps in for another hour in the mornings!
I'd go Unicorn colours if my 8 year-old mini dictator slept in past 6:30am!

Back