For Sale Welcome/ Puddle Light Kits

saxoboy

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to source a great set of projector lights that complement the T6 as a top quality vehicle...there are many of these projector bulbs out there, but I think I have the best quality ones now...in fact they are as good as, a well known brand that sell them for £80.

They work as the passenger or drivers door opens and project the blue/ white VW logo onto the floor.

I'm after £35 for a kit, which includes lamps, loom, all electrical fittings, cable ties and postage (they are brand new)...it takes 30 mins/ door to fit if your good with a Dremel or drill (to cut out the lamp fitment holes). I will send instructions as to what to do....I wont say really easy, this time, but a very rewarding finish to an install :)

Matt

2020-01-11 16.49.15.jpg

2020-01-11 16.49.35.jpg

Whats the wiring like? Where do you wire them to? Is it similar to the footwell lights? Looks like another project I need to add to my list.

Hi...wiring is OK....you just need to have the balls!!!......no really, its a couple of T Taps on the wiring behind the door cards....then a hole in the door card and bring the wire to the hole..

Does every model T6 have a switch wire in the door? Mine hasn't got foot well lights etc and I never found a switch wire after trying many different wire combinations so had to scrap the idea.

Arrr…..there are switch wires and there are courtesy wires....2 diff things.....a switch wire allows a light just to come on when you open the switch and go off when the door shuts....aka the welcome/ puddle lights....and a courtesy wire is great for footwell lights as they stay on until you start the van......they exist in all T6's....I can create a footwell light loom with LEDs if you'd like one.....they are so amazing....cannot believe VW never gave our vans them to start with. Matt

Arrr…..there are switch wires and there are courtesy wires....2 diff things.....a switch wire allows a light just to come on when you open the switch and go off when the door shuts....aka the welcome/ puddle lights....and a courtesy wire is great for footwell lights as they stay on until you start the van......they exist in all T6's....I can create a footwell light loom with LEDs if you'd like one.....they are so amazing....cannot believe VW never gave our vans them to start with. Matt
heres the wires for the two types of lights: (and one of @saxoboy previous kits)

Cab Ambient Lighting (factory Mod) - How I Done It -
Cab Ambient "mood Lighting" Under-dash - How I Done It -

Hi...wiring is OK....you just need to have the balls!!!......no really, its a couple of T Taps on the wiring behind the door cards....then a hole in the door card and bring the wire to the hole..
Thanks I will have a set on pay day if there is any left.

Back