For Sale Welcome/ Puddle Light Kits

well I fitted mine yesterday, they both work great, I had to wait till it was dark last night to see them work properly , they look amazing.
This may be totally un related but it strange it happened straight after I connected the lights up, on the passenger side I don't have a brown/black wire like in the instructions I have either a brown or a black, so I have connected to the brown.
Now the DAB radio signal doesn't work, FM etc fine but I've lost DAB, anyone got any ideas ?

Hi Mick, what happens to the DAB if you unplug the lamp from the door? You definitely opened up the set of wires that head off to the door catch?...you don't want the brown from the same set of wires you tapped into for the red/ white wire....there will be a brown/ black in the set that head towards the door catch...Matt

Hi Mick, what happens to the DAB if you unplug the lamp from the door? You definitely opened up the set of wires that head off to the door catch?...you don't want the brown from the same set of wires you tapped into for the red/ white wire....there will be a brown/ black in the set that head towards the door catch...Matt

Hi Matt,
Ill try and have a look today at some point.

Mick

There is no black/brown wire as per your diagram, I have in that bundle
Black
Brown
Purple
Green/white
Brown/yellow

the lights work ok ?

mick

Right it seems to be sorted, the clip needs to be on the brown yellow wire, somebody also said this in an earlier post.

Yes @Mick Robson it looks like @Jay had the same issue...can I ask you what year and model your T6 is?.....I have sold many of these and if its a specific year issue, I will need to change my instructions. Sorry to have doubted you in any way, my T6 is a Jan 17 Highline model and that definitely has the brown/ black in the passenger side. Glad you got it sorted. Did you get anywhere in regards to your DAB issue?

Mine is a 2016 Highline T32 as soon as i swapped it over the DAB sprung into life....Weird. Yes definitely no brown/black in mine.

Well the DAB radio was short lived, it must have been a strong signal at that time I swapped the connections, as soon as I drove off it was back to no signal at all.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
They are really cool @saxoboy...id love a set please if you could pm me..just about to watch episode 3254, series 372 , of the Crown so ill check later or tomoz.
I have a 2016 Highline kombi T32.
Thanks mate.

Back