For Sale Welcome/ Puddle Light Kits

Finally got round to fitting mine this afternoon, really easy job thanks to the instructions that come with them.
Cheers Matt.

Fitted mine today, great instructions, easy to fit. Thanks @saxoboy. Only thing I found was on my passenger door, the red wire connects to the brown and yellow wire, not the brown and black.

Just need it to get dark now to see them in all their glory.

Has anyone else noticed these staying on at a low level when the doors are closed?

I’m putting the passenger side together and spotted this before I put the door card back on. Is it likely that it’s picking up some current on return wire?

It’s normal, apparently to picking up the canbus signal, I wired mine into the courtesy light circuit for that reason

thanks @N1ck, where did you take the wires from do that?
I had some footwell lights, didn’t realise saxoboy had some too, so connected the puddle lights through the door grommet and onto the same wires as those, on the t6 its on the passenger side, you need to take the glove box out
To get to the plug
Was easy enough to do as I was doing the footwell lights anyway

Its the same as the light in my fridge, every time I open the door its always bloody on. On a serious note I’m assuming if the puddle light remains on its not going to do any damage?

Hi all, help needed!

just tried to fit these and have a little question... Which cable do you plug the 'live' into? There is a thicker diameter Red/white one and a thinner diameter white/red one? I have tried both! If you do the thicker cable then it stays on the whole time, if you do the thinner it does turn off BUT the electric windows don't work... HELP please, the door card is off and the wife wants to go to Ikea on Tuesday in the van... she is not going to be impressed. @saxoboy

IMG_4029.jpg

Hi @Muzzdawg don't remember sending a set to Bishopsteignton…..... its the thick red/ white and on the driver side you need to connect the other wire to the thin black wire...on the passenger side its the thick red/ white and the other wire to the brown/ black...….it works....

@saxoboy we are Lyme Regis, I think you sent them to Ellie my wife (it was a present)... This is super weird, it doesn't seem to turn off at all? I can see it works because no one else is having an issue. Any idea from my pic why it wouldn't be working for me?

Indeed she did :) I get asked many things from people who try there own things....apologies...from the picture you've sent it looks correct....when you say its open all the time, is it dimmer when you close the door?...i.e. almost off? If its dimmer. almost off, its using the current used for the Canbus to check the onboard systems...that's correct. If you were to plug in an ordinary lamp it will go off fully, as the LEDs run a much less current draw, they stay on....its a bit like in house lights...certain LEDs stay on when you turn them off, you still see a slight glow around the LEDs themselves.....hope this helps...Matt

Ha, nice 1 @lucas3232 thanks for your kind words of wisdom..... @Herbiethehammer they all require some sort of patience, this mod is very cool and impressive when anyone opens your doors at night. The cabin light alteration is another cool featured filled mod....and the glove box light kit is a must if you use it in the dark...I've had numerous VW variented cars in the past, all with glove box lights and it annoyed me that my expensive van (more than my cars ever cost) never had one installed. In essence though, the ambient cabin light kit should take less than an hour with the right equipment, the glove box kit less than an hour and the puddle lights I would reckon take just over the hour (depends how nifty you are cutting a small hole in each of your door cards! Not long to do any of them, just be patient and you will end with a great set of mods mate. I supply full fitting instructions and many members on this forum have bought from me, so if you get into any difficulties someone on here (including me) should be able to help you out. Enjoy the T6 but make it a little more special with some easy alterations :)
I would like a set of these please!

Back