Welcome new members

Just joined and just put my deposit down for my first Transporter. Will post pictures once its converted, could be done by 27th of December. It's a 70 plate T28 Highline with 8000 miles in Ravenna Blue.

The electrics are my primary concern so I've gone with 200AH Renergy Lithium Iron Phospate, 60 AH Renergy B2B Charger, and 2000W Renergy Pure Sine wave invertor for now. I'll probably add solar in the spring.

Hi DrSpaceman. I am also new to the Forum. I note you are on top of your electric system ! Well done you. I am still getting to grips with the operating and charging of mine ! I am new to campers and I get paranoid about batteries of any sort ! Our VW is also in Ravenna Blue 22 plate T28, T6.1 Highline and I can't wait for the spring!

thumbnail_Photo 28-09-2022, 10 01 40.jpg

Hi DrSpaceman. I am also new to the Forum. I note you are on top of your electric system ! Well done you. I am still getting to grips with the operating and charging of mine ! I am new to campers and I get paranoid about batteries of any sort ! Our VW is also in Ravenna Blue 22 plate T28, T6.1 Highline and I can't wait for the spring!

View attachment 180789
Love the colour!

Hi All. Picking up my new T6.1 in Ascot Grey next week. Having H&R 40mm Springs added. What does everyone recommend for wheels? 18s/19s/20s? What tyres to accompany which will give a nice smooth ride and won't hammer the mpg? Was looking at the BBS XR wheels which are available in 18s/19s. Any other recommendations?

Hey all, wife finally gave in and let me buy a T6.1 - she didn't bank on the fact that I managed to find one, as a canceled order from a local dealer who was just about to PDI it, so, I'm now the proud owner of a T32, Startline, with Business and Exterior Packs, in Pure Grey. Arriving next week.

I didn't do a massive amount of research before signing on the dotted line, (in terms of what exactly the startline with those packs is, but saw it had Air Con and went for it!) it is a 5-speed manual, which isn't my preference, I couldn't resist.

Hopefully, with some research on these forums, I'll find it's possible to remap the 110 to something more useful.

Yes, going full conversion (i did a 5.1a few years back, sold it, made a small fortune - and then regretted it ever since!) never shared photos or updates on my work before, so keen to try this time and put myself out there and see what the group thinks.

Been through a lot mental health-wise the last 18 months, hoping this project will allow me to focus and regroup, make some new friends, and attend rallies and shows in the future.

I'm lucky in that I have the space, time, and energy to do it - but some things will be new (fitting windows!) for example.

Anyhow, sorry for rambling, nice to meet you all - photos soon of 'She who must not be named

Hi All. Picking up my new T6.1 in Ascot Grey next week. Having H&R 40mm Springs added. What does everyone recommend for wheels? 18s/19s/20s? What tyres to accompany which will give a nice smooth ride and won't hammer the mpg? Was looking at the BBS XR wheels which are available in 18s/19s. Any other recommendations?
Welcome to the forum!

Hi folks, I'll add more detail to my profile later. For now, thanks for the inclusion in the forum. I drive a VW T6 Multivan, build 2015, first registration 2016. We purchased the van from its first owner in April. Since then, it's been expanded with an AirHome rooftop tent and pull-out cargo/kitchen platform and has traveled to southern Italy and back, and makes regular trips up to the Baltic Sea for fishing. I have a few projects ahead but for now the priority is getting my head around the battery setup and parking heater (Standheizung). See you in the appropriate threads. cheers, Bill

Hey all, 70 plate T6.1 shuttle SE LWB new owner picked it up a couple of weeks ago. It is a replacement for my much missed T5.1 shuttle that was nicked from outside the house a few weeks ago. We travel to Slovakia a few times a year so looking forward to testing out the ACC on the way.

Hey all, wife finally gave in and let me buy a T6.1 - she didn't bank on the fact that I managed to find one, as a canceled order from a local dealer who was just about to PDI it, so, I'm now the proud owner of a T32, Startline, with Business and Exterior Packs, in Pure Grey. Arriving next week.

I didn't do a massive amount of research before signing on the dotted line, (in terms of what exactly the startline with those packs is, but saw it had Air Con and went for it!) it is a 5-speed manual, which isn't my preference, I couldn't resist.

Hopefully, with some research on these forums, I'll find it's possible to remap the 110 to something more useful.

Yes, going full conversion (i did a 5.1a few years back, sold it, made a small fortune - and then regretted it ever since!) never shared photos or updates on my work before, so keen to try this time and put myself out there and see what the group thinks.

Been through a lot mental health-wise the last 18 months, hoping this project will allow me to focus and regroup, make some new friends, and attend rallies and shows in the future.

I'm lucky in that I have the space, time, and energy to do it - but some things will be new (fitting windows!) for example.

Anyhow, sorry for rambling, nice to meet you all - photos soon of 'She who must not be named
Hi I think its great that you are able to do the conversion yourself! Look forward to the photos and it will be lovely when Spring comes and you can enjoy a drive out every now and then too (even if you're still building and have to take a flask and some cake!). J x

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something
Just not cam belt change intervals! You’ll pay a heavy price!

Hello,
Anders from Norway here.
I have used VW Transportes as my dayly driver for approx 20 years. The reason for selectin that type of car is that I transport my (enduro) motorbikes to different training and race sites. Started out with a 1996 T4, then a 2008 T5 and now a LWB 2016 T6 panel van. I have been reading the forum from time to time, but had to register now to get at hi-res images :)
I'm about to install a Defa electric engine heater complete with charger and an electric interior heater as well, and have to get the cables through the firewall bulkhead. I have bought most of the Defa parts second hand, and hope to do the installation myself. I'll just have to wait until the outside temperature gets a little friendlier. As of now, its -16C outside.

Back