Webasto Thermo Top Evo: good for 2-4 days trip?

okozt

Hi I bought Volkswagen Multivan Generation Six 2016. This model is factory equipped in Wbasto coolant heater (Thermo Top Evo) with programator. I would like use my T6 on short windsurfing trip (2-4 days early autumn and spring). So I have a qestion if this heater will be good to heat cabin at night (of course not all night)?

Yes right on programator maximum time is 120 min. Do you know what is estimate fuel and battery consumption (I have two baterries one under the Hood and second under driver seat)?

I think Matti @mmi has done some extensive measurements but people generally move power supply for parking heater from the starter battery to the leisure battery.

If there is option heating only cabin or it is integrated system with engine heated? Do you know how to check which battery is using by webasto?

Have a look through this thread.

MY16 should use aux.battery for Webasto - then there is fuse SH11 under left seat.
(If powered from starter battery then there is fuse SC46 in fuse box under dash.

Hi mmi, do you know if I route cable from the dashboard to the secondary battery, is it done, or I must put a relay on pump, valve and other components ?
Thanks

Hi mmi, do you know if I route cable from the dashboard to the secondary battery, is it done, or I must put a relay on pump, valve and other components ?
Thanks
I'm afraid that I don't understand what you are trying to achieve? Which van - T6, or T6.1? For the latter I'm afraid I can't help much - it's very different than T6 in this area.

I’m now on a T6.1, but I was thinking that this part (supply thermo top evo with aux battery) was the same problem, I will continue my investigation.
I really don’t understand why vw put parking heater on leisure battery.
If I don’t find a solution I will have to put a air heater in addition to my thermo top evo.
Thanks for the reply mmi

Reactions: mmi
Back