Webasto Thermo & Comfort Se

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
Just found this sticker on the drivers door and despite finding a few threads can't figure out what it does.

20180401_191217.jpg

I assume it's the auxiliary heater but I'm wondering if it can be set up to be used with a remote control.

Yes it’s the aux heater. I have found a company that will add the telestart system and flash the heater software. This turns the climate on and start the heater via a new remote. I will let you know as mine is booked in.

Remember though they are fed off the engine battery....

Yes it’s the aux heater. I have found a company that will add the telestart system and flash the heater software. This turns the climate on and start the heater via a new remote. I will let you know as mine is booked in.

Remember though they are fed off the engine battery....

Nice one, cheers. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread, it’s taken me ages to get time away from work to get this sorted.

I have used these guys to get the aux heater upgraded to have a telestart and also Webasto multi control. Tim was super helpful. Their website only shows the heater mods for the T5 at the moment, but they are updating it to include the T6. It’s a great mod.

https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/

I would recommend them!

500ACF78-D5E4-429B-B86C-D92B7A98E27A.jpeg

7DF066F8-2285-4A4A-92AC-6B86946CA14D.jpeg

42A33971-7F22-4201-B694-B5CB86CDABBF.jpeg

Brilliant and cheers for getting back to me. Just need a cold morning to test it now!

Where abouts are they?

Hi about Webasto Heater I have sticker to my door the same . I got told when it is cold outside the heater keeps the engine warm so your engine starts quick and easy . I would like to use has parking heater has any idea of cost ?????

Just give them a call and ask for Tim he was very knowledgable. I had them supply and fit a pair of dash cams as well so I don’t have the breakdown of cost i’m Afraid, I will try and see if I have the paperwork somewhere.

The heater works a treat, just remember it runs off your engine battery though!

And just to confirm your earlier statement of how it works before the mod. It does not keep it warm when it’s cold outside. It only works when the engine is running. So basically helps the van and engine heat up quicker to get you nice and toasty quickly and save on engine wear...

Just give them a call and ask for Tim he was very knowledgable. I had them supply and fit a pair of dash cams as well so I don’t have the breakdown of cost i’m Afraid, I will try and see if I have the paperwork somewhere.

The heater works a treat, just remember it runs off your engine battery though!

....Guess you've had it for over a year now - any issues with it and/or battery since using it? Do you use it every day in winter? Sorry for being nosey !! Thanks - newbie Neil

No issues with it and it works fine. It does use the battery a lot, but 10 mins before you start it I fire it up and it’s fine.

I have 2 batteries (although the heater is still on the engine battery) and I have the van hooked upto the mains that charges both batteries.

that works fine as you can fire it up while it’s on mains and no issues of having a flat engine battery.

I'm currently toying with converting my webasto, or fitting a diesel heater.
Can the webasto aux heater be powered off a liesure battery, or does it screw up the can bus comms?

I'm not so concerned with engine warming, but more about van cab warming for de-icing and getting driving quicker, and over night heating on the occasional sleep night.
As for cost, webasto mod is about £200 from what I can see, but a 2kw chinese diesel heater is £80 but a bunch of my time to fit. Both will need liesure battery and split charge.
Currently sitting on the fence.

Any insights guys?
Thanks

Back