Webasto... Help!

Carlos999

Hi All,
Brand new to the site and never posted before...
I have just bought a 2017 Caravelle and wanted to put in auxiliary heating.
After reading some other related posts I have discovered this sticker.... does this mean I have a Webasto fitted? If so then how do I control it??? There are no obvious controls for it.... certainly not in the roof panel.
Thanks!k9DJjHxQSP2564nI29n4rA.jpg

Hey welcome - I’m a newbie too :). That heater works automatically - I think when 5 degrees or less - it’s a liquid heater and gets the coolant up to temperature so you get near instant heat out of the vents. You can get a remote unit for it - think it’s about £450 - you do need to reflash the software on the heater too.

Hey welcome - I’m a newbie too :). That heater works automatically - I think when 5 degrees or less - it’s a liquid heater and gets the coolant up to temperature so you get near instant heat out of the vents. You can get a remote unit for it - think it’s about £450 - you do need to reflash the software on the heater too.
Awesome thank you. Can I use it as a heater overnight? So it's not a diesel heater?

It’s not diesel - it runs off of electric so would probably run your battery flat over. If your wanting overnight you may be best retro fitting a diesel one - sure there’s plenty of threads on here about them.

Oh yes it is diesel! ( It is even stated on the sticker:D) Usually set for around 1 hour max running. Not normally used as interior heater as it is 5Kw and heats the coolant and drains the battery. Its main purpose is quicker warming up of the engine for colder climates than the UK, a handy heater to have if you live in Finland and the like.

Oh yes it is diesel! ( It is even stated on the sticker:D) Usually set for around 1 hour max running. Not normally used as interior heater as it is 5Kw and heats the coolant and drains the battery. Its main purpose is quicker warming up of the engine for colder climates than the UK, a handy heater to have if you live in Finland and the like.
Damn thought I had saved myself a packet getting a Eberspacher or similar!
thanks !

The Thermotop heats the coolant up on cold days.

You can still fit an Airtop or Eber night heater. The Thermotop sits under the floor where the offside sliding door is. The Airtop is further forward under the floor where the right hand front seat is.

If you want the factory finish install, there is about 300 quid of plastic trims and grilles to budget for.

The Thermotop heats the coolant up on cold days.

You can still fit an Airtop or Eber night heater. The Thermotop sits under the floor where the offside sliding door is. The Airtop is further forward under the floor where the right hand front seat is.

If you want the factory finish install, there is about 300 quid of plastic trims and grilles to budget for.

Big learning curve here! Ok ... so I have to add the Airtop or Ever to get overnight heating..... dangerous question I know but... which is better?
Also what supports having a control panel in the roof by the lights switches? I don't want to have to mount a separate non OEM controller...

Neither is better. They are more or less the same price and performance is pretty much the same.

The alternative is a chinese made heater which is about half the price and allegedly performs the same. Lots of folks using these and very happy. I bought an eber because I have had previous experience of working on them.

I mounted the 7 day controller for my eber in the overhead console, running the cable up the A pillar. Some fabrication and car body filler needed to complete the integrated look.

Neither is better. They are more or less the same price and performance is pretty much the same.

The alternative is a chinese made heater which is about half the price and allegedly performs the same. Lots of folks using these and very happy. I bought an eber because I have had previous experience of working on them.

I mounted the 7 day controller for my eber in the overhead console, running the cable up the A pillar. Some fabrication and car body filler needed to complete the integrated look.
Think I will probably go with the Webasto, thanks for all your help.

Back