Webasto Heater remote control option available?

Streakboy

I have a Webasto heater in my converted camper and was wondering whether there is a remote control option available so that the camper can be pre-warmed on a cold morning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have the ThermoCall App on my phone, and its great so long as you don't allow the SIM card to expire over the sumer... Doh!
I couldn't appear to re-activate it, so a new one has been ordered from O2.
But yes, it's great for pre-warming the van while you have breakfast on those cold mornings!

Webasto also advertise the Thermo Connect GPS with an Android app for remote control of their Airtop diesel heaters.
My ThermoConnect
I am trying to find some pricing information, but I am struggling to get any replies from both Webasto and authorised installers

TBH the Telestart is all you need, I can start mine up to 1000m away and by the time I have walked to the van it is more than warm enough. Thermocall is a bit over the top if all you need is to switch on from the house which is adequately covered by using Telestart or a timer.
Telestart HTM100 which is the 1000m range is just over £420 list price UK but can be purchased for around £270 from Germany. ( That is what I fitted to mine) Easy enough to fit yourself, you don't need an installer. No sim card worries then.
Thermocall is around the same £400 price, maybe a fraction cheaper. Install yourself again.

Depends upon what heater you have fitted as to what you can use as I said earlier.

Reactions: mmi
I have a Webasto heater in my converted camper and was wondering whether there is a remote control option available so that the camper can be pre-warmed on a cold morning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I paid £360 inc vat and fitting for my TC unit.

TBH the Telestart is all you need, I can start mine up to 1000m away and by the time I have walked to the van it is more than warm enough. Thermocall is a bit over the top if all you need is to switch on from the house which is adequately covered by using Telestart or a timer.
Telestart HTM100 which is the 1000m range is just over £420 list price UK but can be purchased for around £270 from Germany. ( That is what I fitted to mine) Easy enough to fit yourself, you don't need an installer. No sim card worries then.
Thermocall is around the same £400 price, maybe a fraction cheaper. Install yourself again.

Depends upon what heater you have fitted as to what you can use as I said earlier.
So basically, if want an app based controller you need a sim card and you'll have to carry a fob for the antenna based one?

I use the Thermocall app, I've got a giffgaff payg sim that doesn't expire.
I use a giffgaff SIM in my iPhone Tracker - but it's configured for Auto Top-Up so doesn't expire.
The original O2 SIM in my ThermoCall wasn't on Auto Top-Up and after a period of no credit & not being used I think O2 cancelled it. It certainly didn't receive the activate code from O2 when I recently popped it in a phone and tried to re-activate it through their website.

For ThermoCall, you need a SIM to go in the unit in the van, to receive the text messages the App on your phone sends to turn the heater on/off & set the required temperature etc.

So basically, if want an app based controller you need a sim card and you'll have to carry a fob for the antenna based one?

Basically - yes.
( The above table doesn't show that the Telestart can be used for air heaters - it only shows water heaters for some reason. Latest Telestarts can be used on W-bus heaters only but older ones with shorter range, like the T70 can switch 12v for older heaters that don't use W-bus)

Webasto also advertise the Thermo Connect GPS with an Android app for remote control of their Airtop diesel heaters.
My ThermoConnect
I am trying to find some pricing information, but I am struggling to get any replies from both Webasto and authorised installers
Will ThermoConnect also act as a vehicle tracker as that would kill two birds with one stone (or sim card)

Back