We are Pendle

Hi Martin have you sorted the latest version of the 150 yet
I recently had my 2019 T6 150 remapped by VW-T Campervans using Pendle mapping.
They first cleared any codes (there were none), forced regen, applied the latest VW updates, and then mapped. Test drives were included before and after, data sent to Pendle so the map could be sent back for my vehicle and applied.
I drove away very happy - noticeable improvement to driveability and power. However, first long drive I got an engine management light for the first time ever. Did a scan and it was reporting a NOx issue. Cleared the code to see if it would just come back, and sure enough it did a couple of days later. This pattern continued - clear the code, and it would just come back. I contacted the VW-T who said they would talk to Pendle. A few days later, they had not been able to get any support so had spoken with another dealer who had reported a similar issue and were saying it was down to the VW update. So VW-T tried reversing the update and then reapplying the map. A few days later, exactly the same issues recurring. Stuck with if for a week or two, but it just kept recurring. More phone calls, and still nothing back from Pendle about it. Gave it another week before a trip back to VW-T to have the map removed. They had still been unable to get any support from Pendle. They removed the map, and away I went. Immediately noticed the difference in power, but that was obvious. A week and a half later, and approx 500 miles of similar driving with zero issues. It is fixed.

Now, I don't rag the thing around at all, and I have recorded MPG from actual fuel used since the van was new.
My observations whilst the remap was on:
1/ MPG was down from about 32MPG to around 28MPG - not insignificant given my driving style did not change.
2/ Seemed to be drinking AdBlue quicker - only had the reported range to go on, but it was always reasonably accurate before so no reason to doubt it
3/ Regens seemed much more frequent
4/ Power was obviously up
5/ Error codes thrown regularly (see below - I use OBD11 to scan). P204F00 only occured once accompanied by the EML. P20EE00 was the repeat offender, that recurred regularly.

With the remap removed, all the above issues were resolved which to me points firmly at the remap as the cause of the issue. Bear in mind the remap was in place on top of the latest VW update originally, and then on top of the original VW map. This means the remap was the only change being made in the final iteration which still demonstrated the same issues.

Needless to say, I am disappointed to have had to remove the map. I would have lived with the MPG, although it was not expected to see such a big dip. The AdBlue was a bit more of a concern, but really needed to see the actual mileage on a tank to validate that. The more frequet regens were a concern as it implies the DPF is getting dirtier - presumably a result of additional fuel being burnt, and probably why more AdBlue was being consumed. The error codes I absolutely could not live with. Now I guess if anyone else has had this applied, they may not even know if they are getting the 'silent' NOx error code and will only find out when they go for a service...
So I am sad to have had to remove it, but given the concerns it was causing and the lack of support available to VW-T for this issue it was the best way forward for me.

Trouble codes:
P204F00 - Reductant System Performance Bank 1
Intermittent
P20EE00 - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 Catalyst 1
Intermittent
Date: 2041-01-31 13:37:25
Mileage: 73322 km
Priority: 2
Malfunction frequency counter: 3
Unlearning counter: 255

@Carps, did you get a refund for the remap from VW-T Campervans?

@Carps, did you get a refund for the remap from VW-T Campervans?
Yeah - VW-T refunded me. Their service was really good throughout to be honest. Fitted me in quickly to try and resolve the issue, They also researched the issue as best the could in the absence of support from Pendle. End of they day, they could not resolve it, so they restored my van back to original, and refunded.

It can’t be far off if the 204ps does 125MPH and the 180ps does 119MPH, pretty sure that’s the figures published.

I had the same issues as reported by Carps and eventually had the map removed. It cost me a lot of money trying to resolve all the issues only to find it was the Pendle map causing the problem.

Back