We are Pendle

Hi Martin and welcome, I'm sure there will be some questions for you.
Let me start with one - I've got a T6 Euro5 140 6 speed, if I were to remap it, could I expect to see improvements to power, torque and economy or is it unrealistic to improve all 3?

Hi Martin and welcome, I'm sure there will be some questions for you.
Let me start with one - I've got a T6 Euro5 140 6 speed, if I were to remap it, could I expect to see improvements to power, torque and economy or is it unrealistic to improve all 3?

You can improve all three but highly likely you will improve two causing number 3 to drastically reduce ha

I have used Martin twice now. He corrected a generic elite remap on my old 84ps t5.1. The generic map produced to much torque and too soon causing gearbox judder in 4th and 5th.
A trip to pendle hq corrected it and the van was much better. Consequently the gearbox diff soon failed from the old map. New gearbox and 40k problem free miles.

Into the t6 Euro 6.
I used Vanhaus pendle agent.

FB_IMG_1493395299729_zpsusjtz12x.jpg

Before remap
FB_IMG_1493395284468_zpslotsbjgo.jpg

After
FB_IMG_1493395291150_zpsnebycfdh.jpg

On the first dive out I was getting judder in 4/5 & 6th gear under heavy load at 1800rpm. Quick turn around and back to vanhaus and a slight map adjustment to delay peak torque a tad and it's now super smooth. This was because I was running very heavy 20" wheels. 27kg Inc tyres.

I have now moved to much lighter 19" wheels 22kg Inc tyres and the performance is much improved in acceleration and suspension wheel control.

As for the remap. If you think the stock 150ps is smooth, the pendle remap shows how dull, flat and breathless the stock map is.
Turbo spools up much faster and throttle response is much much quicker so it's allot easier to drive around town. Plus the torque is more vast meaning you're in the power band during daily driving more often.
It's not massively faster but it pulls so much harder in any gear but it is still quick.

A remap has just made the van much more effortless to drive.

Mpg improvement......
Not really. Not noticed any. Since moving to lighter 19s I think mpg has improved by 2mpg however it's still too early to tell, 10k on the 20s averaged 29mpg. Only put 700 on the 19s. It's no worse on the remap.

Thanks @RattyMcClelland :thumbsup:
So if I'm reading correctly, your power went up from 121.5 at the wheels to 150.1 at the wheels and torque from 342.7 to 427.7 - correct?
Thats about a 25% increase in torque and just a bit less than 25% increase in power - which is very good.

I spoke to Listers Droitwich this morning with regards to Pendle remap vrs diagnostics. @PendlePerformanceLtd
They currently have a T6 in ATM that has blown. having spoken to the lead mech he does not think that it is anything to do with the remap! so no worries there.. Lister believe it to be a faulty part that they have fitted on the motor as a replacement... not sure as to which part they had originally replaced..
However the TD1 has shown up on their system.. so warranty is void, but what they are trying to do is get a local agent to remove the code to see if it (TD1) still shows up on their system.. if not then they will continue under warranty, if it still shows top then owner will have to pay = ££££

Again the mechanic did not think that it was as a result of the remap software! but shared his concern about VW road assist diagnostics and if a van broke down then their SOP is to run diagnostics that get uploaded to database there and then.

With this in mind do you know if the code will show up once software had been removed?

I will phone them in the morning to see what the actual outcome was but interested on your take @PendlePerformanceLtd

Last edited:
I've dropped my van 50mm so am prepared to risk any potential warranty issues there - but risking the entire engine and drivetrain warranty is another matter.
Thanks for sharing and I'd be interested in your findings @Fish.

Chased it up today.. the results were positive.. TD1 did not show after removalnof software.. but they would not / can not say that this would be the case if same situation.

Back