Water Tank - internal or external?

I agree with fish, I didn't use most of the fittings. I did however fit a drain which required drilling another hole, If I did this again I probably would fit a drain purely because I've tried 3 different taps and they've all leaked! nothing to do with the tank kit.. I copied @Fish method of moding the level sensor, works a treat and allows me to know when to stop filling!!

The push fit connectors work well AFTER the pump but I found some flexible 10mm pipe better for connecting to the tank. As above I used Jubilee clips but found they crushed the tank outlets and I couldn't get a solid seal so I fitted some inserts which was better.

I've got some photos which I'll post up later.

@Fish / @Neilson -
I take it there are no issues using this as a fresh-water tank?
Are you both using inline pumps (I imagine the tank is too narrow to fit an inline pump inside)?
And did you bother trying to find pipework in imperial sizes to ensure a better fit, or are there none around (haven’t ever needed to look, myself)?

Inline whale pump fixed into kitchen pod.
The only thing you can try is to either tap a thread into these outlets or use brass Hoselock type fittings and reducers.

Cheers mate.
I ended up using the Reimo for waste as I thought, if we camp somewhere below freezing, that I’d rather have the ability to store waste water than to store fresh water; with this I can use water from bottles for fresh, and still have full use of the sink.

I nicked @Fish’s method of fitting the CBE gauge. Good shout, that man.
I fitted the tank so that it sits flat on the floor.

So, going clockwise around the photo above, the waste tank has the sink waste hose,
the smaller breather hose,
a redundant moulding that fits in to a small hole in the floor that keeps it in place,
and the waste outlet through the floor.

A64E88A5-3C3A-428A-A8AF-24AC9B2DB89D.jpeg

Hole 1 is for the waste pipe to exit (made wider so the Jubilee clip would fit)
Hole 2 is for the redundant moulding to fit in to
Hole 3 is for the breather pipe to go through
Hole 4 (black pipe) is where my fresh water feed from my underslung tank will feed in to the van.

6AEF6DAC-62FB-400D-835C-E783A7F5D164.jpeg

Last edited:
Fabulous work that man.
Ensure you pressure test before final fitment.

Cheers mate.
I ended up using the Reimo for waste as I thought, if we camp somewhere below freezing, that I’d rather have the ability to store waste water than to store fresh water; with this I can use water from bottles for fresh, and still have full use of the sink.

I nicked @Fish’s method of fitting the CBE gauge. Good shout, that man.
I fitted the tank so that it sits flat on the floor.

So, going clockwise around the photo above, the waste tank has the sink waste hose,
the smaller breather hose,
a redundant moulding that fits in to a small hole in the floor that keeps it in place,
and the waste outlet through the floor.

View attachment 43548

Hole 1 is for the waste pipe to exit (made wider so the Jubilee clip would fit)
Hole 2 is for the redundant moulding to fit in to
Hole 3 is for the breather pipe to go through
Hole 4 (black pipe) is where my fresh water feed from my underslung tank will feed in to the van.

View attachment 43547
Very nice.

Which cbe monitor and display did you use?

Very nice.

Which CBE monitor and display did you use?
Cheers.
The digital SPE monitor - which is great looking and has 5% increments but the fact that you can’t cut the gauges down to length is a pain (as the Reimo wants a 500mm gauge and the Amber wants a 140mm gauge ideally, but as neither length are available, I’ve had to go for the next size down).

Cheers.
The digital SPE monitor - which is great looking and has 5% increments but the fact that you can’t cut the gauges down to length is a pain (as the Reimo wants a 500mm gauge and the Amber wants a 140mm gauge ideally, but as neither length are available, I’ve had to go for the next size down).
This one for the Reimo?: CBE SPE ELECTRONIC WATER TANK SENSOR 440mm

Which display did you go for? This one?: CBE 622 TOUCH LCD DIGITAL FRESH & WASTE WATER LEVEL GAUGE

Been trying to work this out for a while! :)

@Fish @Ads_Essex guys, fitting my CBE sensor today, got it trimmed and ready to glue now.

Did you use sika or just regular sealant to fix (alongside the little screws)? Im tending towards sealant as it isnt structural.

Drilled my drain hole today. Scary :S

Sika for me.. if you over fill by accident could be alot of pressure on your mod.

@Fish @Ads_Essex guys, fitting my CBE sensor today, got it trimmed and ready to glue now.

Did you use sika or just regular sealant to fix (alongside the little screws)? Im tending towards sealant as it isnt structural.

Drilled my drain hole today. Scary :S
Sorry for the slow response.

Sika for me too. You want it strong!

I used a sealant suitable for potted water. Not sure if the water will come in to contact with it though.

Back